Chapter 20 | Marry You

The school was buzzing. Girls were gossiping and trading beauty tips. The boys were dreading it. Prom was the next day and most had skipped school. They weren't even really learning since mostly all the seniors were gone. They were off getting perms, mani-pedis, and facials. Hailey was one of the few that didn't, but that was mostly because she had no clue where to get any of those things. Oh, and she didn't have the cash. She was going to try to save as much as she could for nursing school. She had gotten accepted into the same college as Ben to receive her associates degree. She still hadn't decide what her plan was, but she was going to take it one day at a time.

"Remind me why we are in school instead of at the spa?" Mariah said. She let her tray of food drop onto the table. Some of the lettuce from her salad flopped onto the tray. "I don't even feel like eating this."

"I still don't understand why you eat this leafy substance." Bella said with a grimace. She flicked some of it around. Hailey giggled.

"What are you two yapping about?" Evan asked. Zac and Nate followed his lead and sat down.

"About your girlfriend's horrible distaste in food." Bella said. She then bit the burger she had gotten.

"You have lettuce in the burger." Mariah pointed out. Bella rolled her eyes. She reached for her water bottle.

"So, where do I get the croissant?" Nate asked. Bella then spat her water all over Nate. She even managed to spray her twin. "What the actual fuck babe!"

"Seriously Isabella!" Evan shouted. They were soaking wet with water and spit. It was amusing and disgusting.

"Do not call me Isabella." Bella said through gritted teeth. Evan rolled his eyes.

"Now that that is done with." Mariah mumbled. She then sat up straight and put on a serious face. "Nate, I already ordered our corsages, knowing you three dumbos will not."

"What the heck Mar? Why am I brought into this?" Zac said. He had been beside Hailey, admiring her. She looked even more gorgeous than the day before. She was only wearing workout pants and a crop top.

"Because, I know you still didn't get one

"Because, I know you still didn't get one." Mariah said with an eye roll.

"Fine." Zac mumbled. Hailey laughed. She loved seeing Zac pout. It hardly ever happens, so she makes sure to bask it all in.

"Anyway, we have hair and makeup at noon. Pictures are at four and dinner is at six. Prom starts at eight and then we have the best time of our lives." Mariah said. She picked up her water bottle and unscrewed the lid. She placed it in the middle of the table, in the air and gestured for everyone else to do the same. She gave them a smile. "To us."

"To us." They said in unison.

-

"Remind me again why I agreed to this?" Hailey asked. She was restraining herself from itching her head. Her hair was currently being done by some hairstylist. She was nice and didn't talk much.