04

Ara was in charge of handing out the permission slips to parents for their upcoming trip to the aquarium and getting the kids' bags ready before they leave

Ara was in charge of handing out the permission slips to parents for their upcoming trip to the aquarium and getting the kids' bags ready before they leave. She hadn't announced to the children about the trip as all the teachers had come to a mutual agreement that it may be better to get the parents' approval before telling any of them. Eunji was playing with her friends when Jimin came in and so she took that time to quickly squeeze in a conversation.

"Hey Jimin," she smiled, catching him before he could walk to Eunji.

"Ara, hey," his lips curved up in that gorgeous smile she loved and she felt her legs start to melt.

"I just wanted to let you know that we have planned a trip for our kids next Monday," she passed him the paper and he read over it.

"At the Aquarium?"

"Yeah," she grinned, "We're gonna teach these little intellectuals about stingrays."

He nodded, "Eunji loves stingrays," he said before going to get his daughter.

"So the Christmas concert is also in two weeks right?" Jimin asked when he came back, Eunji sitting on his hip.

Ara nodded, pinching Eunji's nose, "You haven't told your dad anything about it right? Keeping it a surprise?"

Every child at the preschool had a role in the concert and Eunji's was one of the main singers. She had a beautiful voice for such a young age that when she sung Ara wondered who she got it from.

"She's been persistent in keeping me in the dark and it hurts you know?" he pretended to clutch his heart, making Eunji giggle. Ara's eyes glittered, seeing how happy she was when her father was being silly, and with a quick glance at Jimin she realised there was nothing the man wouldn't do to see his daughter laughing like she was.

"Well we better get going," Jimin said, pressing a kiss to Eunji's forehead, "We're starting Christmas movie marathon today."

"Oooooh yeah!" Eunji cheered, "We can't be late for that!"

She smiled, "See you tomorrow then Eunji, bye Jimin."

"Bye Ara!"

--

Ara didn't know why she always said 'see you tomorrow' when farewelling the pair at school because she normally ended up seeing them both around home later in the evening anyway, playing on their bikes, taking out the trash or just sweeping leaves away from the sidewalk. Today, it was just Jimin however, shovelling snow from his driveway and footpath onto his grass. She walked over, going to ask to borrow the shovel because hers had broken, however she knew it was just an excuse to be able to speak to him.

He saw her before she reached him, "Hey Ara," although she couldn't see, his smile was evident in the way his glistening eyes crinkled.

"Hey," she placed her gloved hands into the pockets of her coat, burying her mouth in her scarf, "Jimin I was wondering, can I borrow your shovel for a few minutes after you're done? My one broke a few months ago and I completely forgot to buy a new one."