MHN 2 || Thumb and Dolls

Follow me here FastAndDeep for regular updates!

_______ _____________________

•~Rhyna and kidnapper~•

In the midst of the chaotic scene, Inspector Adley found himself bombarded with relentless questions from the hordes of reporters. Their voices echoed through the air, desperately seeking answers about the baffling murder that had taken place.

"Sir, sir, please! Do we have any leads on the murder? How did it happen? Who's behind all of this? Just one question, please!" The journalists clamored, their persistence matching their determination.

Billy, a fellow officer, attempted to push back the intrusive media. "No questions for now, please!" he implored, but the reporters persisted, buzzing around the investigative team like bees.

"Sir, isn't this a failure of the State machinery? How can the common man feel safe in his own home when murderers like this roam freely? You need to answer, sir!" a reporter's voice pierced through the commotion, filled with frustration and demands.

Inspector Adley's temper began to rise, his frustration mounting. He knew he had no immediate answers to provide, but he couldn't lash out at the reporter. He had to maintain his composure, mindful of the impact his image held in the media.

Having dealt with the media before, he understood their thirst for a single break, a momentous revelation that would make headlines within hours. 

With a deep breath, he turned around, raising his voice to address the persistent crowd.

"We are still in the midst of an ongoing investigation. If we uncover any significant developments, rest assured that you will be the first to know," he declared, his words carrying a mix of authority and uncertainty. With that, he turned on his heels and led his team back into the house, seeking solace from the chaos outside.

As they regrouped inside, Inspector Adley's mind raced with questions. He turned to Billy, desperate for any update that could shed light on the perplexing case. 

"Billy, have we received the DNA results?" he inquired, his gaze fixed on the lifeless body lying face down. While the victim appeared unremarkable, a few peculiar details stood out—the blood on his hand and the missing thumb on his left hand.

"Yes, sir. The blood sample matches his own," Billy replied, his tone reflecting both certainty and curiosity.

"What about Nadia? Any progress in locating her?" the inspector asked, his temples throbbing as a mild headache settled in.

"No, sir. We've lost all trace of her. Her phone went dead a few hours ago," Billy informed, his voice tinged with a sense of frustration.

Seeking respite, Inspector Adley retrieved a cigarette from his pocket, lighting it up. He turned toward the tightly shut window, a frown etching across his face.