MHN 3 || Nothing More

Follow me here FastAndDeep for regular updates!

_______ _____________________

•~Nadia and Xylan~•

Nadia slowly regained consciousness, her senses awakening one by one. The weight upon her head pressed down as if an invisible force sought to crush her skull. She struggled to open her eyes, but a burning sensation made it a daunting task. Every muscle in her body ached, and as she attempted to move her hands, panic set in. They were restrained, tightly bound just like her legs.

Her swollen lips felt dry, and her mouth parched. She mustered all her strength to force her eyes open, squinting against the darkness that enveloped her. A faint ray of light pierced through the gloom, emanating from a distant corner of the room where she found herself confined.

Nadia tried to shift, to find a more comfortable position, and as her eyes adjusted to the dimness, the truth struck her. She was trapped within a cage, an agonizingly small space that forced her body into contorted positions. Her arms were firmly tied to the bars forming the cage's four walls, while her knees pressed against her face, her legs compressed against the unforgiving base.

An urgent desire to speak welled up within her, but when she parted her lips, the silence was all that emerged.

Voices floated toward her, fragments of conversation that mingled with the sound of approaching footsteps. Her gaze fixed upon the slightly ajar door, anticipation gripping her as she strained to hear.

In a sudden burst, the door swung wide open, and Nadia blinked, momentarily blinded by the harsh flood of light invading her senses.

"Take her out, will you? You had no right to keep her like this when I was granted permission to have her," a disembodied voice demanded.

"Seems like you're overly concerned about this one," another voice replied.

"We may do what we do, but we don't harm innocents, Blair."

"Correction, Xylan. You don't harm innocents. As for me, I couldn't give a fuck," the voice sneered.

"Oh, so you won't mind if I were to kill your sister, then? She's done nothing but cause trouble for us from the very start."

"Don't bring family into this, Xylan. I'd rather not punch you."

"Like hell, I'll let you! She was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like your sister. And you won't lay a finger on her."

Nadia strained her ears as footsteps drew nearer to her cell, the metallic clinking indicating someone was attempting to fit a key into the lock, to set her free. She surmised it must be Xylan from the conversation she overheard.

"And what about you, Xylan? What do you plan to do with her? Release her only for her to run her pretty mouth to the police? Or will you find some magical way to erase her memory?"