Chapter Eighteen: "Thank God. No More Bugs"

Gemini awoke to the sound of birds chirping amongst the trees outside and half expected her alarm to begin tinkling that annoying ringtone. Why had she chosen that annoying tone? However, all she could hear were the sounds of nature and some heavy breathing.

  She snuggled in deeper into her sleeping bag but the heavy breathing seemed to get louder. She turned and was met by a pair of purple eyes. She screamed shrilly and jumped up. She was still in her sleeping bag, so she looked as though she were in a sack. She almost fell over but was able to maintain some balance. Her panic died down when she saw it was simply Aries. She hopped over to Aries in her sleeping bag and lunged at her, bringing them both down. Aries groaned as she tried to push Gemini off, "Jesus Gem, what the hell was that for,"

"For scaring me, especially first thing in the morning," Gemini replied placidly, placing her hands on her hips. Suddenly the tent flap was flung aside as Leo and Aquarius stumbled in their half asleep state. Aquarius held a saucepan in his hands, ready to strike and Leo was holding a rubber duck. They stood up straight at the sight of Gemini and Aries staring at them.

"Um, what are you doing?" Aquarius asked curiously.

"None of your business," Aries replied arrogantly.

"What did you think we were doing?" Gemini asked, genuinely confused. They both blushed slightly,

"Nothing!" They both said, their voices an octave higher than usual. Gemini shrugged it off and rolled off of Aries. She clambered out of her sleeping bag as a few other people joined them in the tent.

"Privacy!" Gemini said as she begun ushering them out of her tent, including Aries.

"Be out in time for breakfast!" Aries smiled sweetly as she went out. Gemini sighed and rubbed her temples. She could hear Aquarius and Leo arguing outside.

"Really Aqua, you gave me a rubber duck?"

"I panicked okay? I materialized the first two things that came to my mind!"

"So you hear a scream and think, 'Oh no, somebody's in trouble, let's go fight them off with a saucepan and a rubber duck'. You're not Rapunzel! And I can't fight people with a rubber duck!"

"I was half asleep!" Gemini laughed and tuned out their ceaseless bickering. 

• • •

  They all sat on a picnic blanket around the fireplace, there was no fire because the rays of sunlight reaching through the tree branches were enough heat. They had packed all their tents up because they would be heading back later on. As they sat and munched on their sandwiches, Capricorn observed everybody's quiet behavior. She noticed Taurus and Pisces seemingly avoiding each other's gaze and turned to Taurus, who sat next to her. "What's up with you and Pisces?" She whispered, Taurus immediately blushed at his mention, but hid it by covering her face with a curtain of hair. She looked around to make sure that nobody else was listening before turning to Capricorn.

"He kissed me,"

"WHAT?" Taurus shushed her frantically, "What?"

"On the cheek, obviously," She shook her head, "I don't know what to think." Capricorn shrugged,

"Ask him,"

"It's not that simple,"

"Yeah, it is," Capricorn shrugged again, "If you want to know something, be straightforward. No beating around the bush." With that, they stopped the conversation, turning their attention back to the sandwiches they held in their hands. Aquarius hopped up, stuffing the remainder of his sandwich into his mouth,