Chapter 3

Hank was driving all of you to the destination with his old, worn-out car. It wasn't much, but at least it still worked.

The whole ride was silent... unbearably silent. Hank wasn't in the mood for small talks, and neither were you. Thankfully, Connor didn't seem to be talkative, like you think he is. There was no music at all, and you assumed that Hank wasn't in the mood for that, either.

The atmosphere inside the car was so bad, you wished that you could jump out.

If only that isn't dangerous...

Eventually, you arrived at Ravendale district. You opened the door and got out, welcoming the fresh air more than the suffocating atmosphere in the old vehicle. Hank got out and immediately went to the other officers, asking questions. Connor simply stood by Hank's car, waiting for instructions.

You could feel the tension between Hank and Connor from a mile away. After what happened earlier... this investigation is going to be awkward...

Though, you musn't get distracted. You have to focus on your case. Your task was to find the AX400 that has been last seen here. Hopefully, this would be quick.

You looked around the environment, trying to imagine yourself as the deviant itself. Where would you be hiding if you were on the run...?

Hank came back a minute later, mumbling out the information he got, "Bus driver saw it at 2:30 AM, seen at the convenient store..."

"It stole wire cutters," Connor spoke up, startling the both of you. You weren't expecting him to speak up so suddenly. You gave Connor a glance.

"Why would it need wire cutters?" You asked. Where did he get this information, anyways??

....

Oh, right. He's an android.

"It's with a little girl, and if I'm correct, they are looking for shelter. It does not have a plan, it seems... so it might not go far..." Connor trailed off as he stared at an abandoned building. You followed his gaze and looked through the window.

You saw movement.

You didn't know if your eyes were tricking or not, but perhaps the deviant hid in there...

But why does it have a little girl with it?

Connor eventually found an opening. It was cut open, so that could explain why they stole wite cutters. Connor entered the property, and you followed after.

When you reached the other side of the fence, you dusted yourself clean before looking at Hank, "You coming?"

He waved you off dismissively. "I'll be in there soon, I just need some more information. Besides, I doubt I would enjoy spending all my time snooping around in there."

"Alright..." you shrugged, entering the house with the prototype.

It was quiet, damaged, old. Well, it is an abandoned house. It shouldn't be surprising.

However....there was an android with a damaged face... standing in front of the fire place.

You didn't know why he was here, but that was quite suspicious..

He twitched his head and hands, eyes darting everywhere, more often than not on you and Connor.

That simply confirmed that he is a deviant.

Connor, however, didn't seem to care about the strange android, but more on the missing android he was sent to look for, "We are here to find an AX400 Model and a child. Have you seen them?" Connor questioned.