Get You

Chapter Thirty-Three

[a.n. unedited]

"This is too much," Taehyung whispers weeks later, gawking with his mouth open. He stares at his reflection in Namjoon's tall mirror, fidgeting with his tie. "Jungkook won't tell me how much he spent on this, t-this, this gotta be over budget."

Taehyung stands in a classic tux, fitted pants with a white shirt tucked in. Tie a narrow black, boosted with a traditional knot, it clips below the shirt's fourth button. Like silk, the man feels as if he wears air. Turning on a side with fingers squared around the collars of his coat, Taehyung checks out the expensive get-up once more, in awe. "I look like some prince," he says, chuckling to himself.

Yoongi smiles, eyes scrolling through his phone. He remains plopped on his bed, glancing at Namjoon ruffling through the rest of the package Jungkook sent in. "Speaking about princes," Yoongi mumbles, pointing his toe to a missed portion, "Looks like Jungkook bought you a customized handkerchief."

Namjoon stares away from his younger brother smiling into the mirror, and over to the small plastic hiding under the brown wrapping torn into. He lifts the fabric and laughs without opening it. There is amusement in both, Yoongi and Namjoon's face now.

"What is it?" Taehyung visibly gulps, catching the smaller package into his chest when his brother throws it.

"See for yourself," Namjoon grins, sitting by Yoongi's feet which kick his side in play.

Taehyung catches a glimpse of the patterns just from the wrapping. He closes his eyes, hears the two laughs in the room, and finds humour in his own dismay. Shaking his head, the boy rips open the plastic and finds a folded handkerchief. Custom made, a lime green with Princess Tiana's face plastered all over. "There is no fucking way I'm wearing this," he says, tossing it back to Namjoon who fails to catch it.

The older ones glance at each other, dismiss their laughs, and nod. "We should have something for you," Yoongi says, to which Namjoon gets up and walks for the bedroom door, "We used to go to many of these."

Taehyung nods, smiling at Namjoon's reassuring pat to his back before glancing at Yoongi who finds refuge in his phone again. "Why don't you guys join us?" Taehyung asks. The man lying sighs, "Wish we could but we've got another gig coming up and I need to get my shit together."

"Have fun for the both of us," Namjoon chuckles, entering in with a white fabric twirled around his palm. "...and besides, it ain't gonna be about us boys anymore, all of you got dates now and I'm sure Yoongi wouldn't wanna be stuck slow dancing with me so..."

Taehyung hears both light-hearted faces laugh, standing before one with a gentle smile. He watches Namjoon fold and fit the fabric into his chest's pocket, patting over Taehyung's coat.

The man looks like a boy next to his older brother. They both match proud smiles that cannot be hidden. "Go have a blast today," Namjoon whispers, "Don't overthink things, especially when it comes to dancing with her."

Taehyung nods. "I uh, yeah. I know it shouldn't be hard to be near her now...but I can't help but still get nervous."

"Fake it 'til you make it my brother," Namjoon grabs Taehyung's shoulders, shaking and gripping. "The more confidence you play around with, the better chances for it to become a forever reflex." Taehyung shakes his head as if he understands. "Sure, yeah, I'll keep that in mind," he says.

Yoongi's voice chirps, "You going to be coming back tonight or staying at her place?"

Namjoon smirks, an eyebrow cocked. "That's a good question."