Chapter 20

"Go with you?" I exclaimed.

"With a high-tier and someone as powerful as you," she paused, but I didn't let her continue.

"Remi," I put my hands on her shoulders. "They're the ones going after high-tiers, they took them down. They killed them. They can and probably will try to take me down."

As much as I would hate to admit defeat, this is true. First before we even go in and attack, if we did so, we would need to spy first. They seemed to have ability dampened stuff, but we also need to find out how they do that, and how long it can last. Then we would need to destroy whatever is controlling it. We would need a plan before charging in.

"But you're the most powerful-"

"Remi," I paused. "I'm serious," I sighed. "If you really want to do this, plan ahead first at least."

She nodded. "We have to get to school now."

"Okay." I released my grip and ran ahead back to Seraphina and Amber. "I'm back."

"What did you talk to her about?"

"Nothing important." I couldn't tell them, especially after going through all that trouble saving me.

We walked in, everything seemed normal just like any other school day. People fighting, like usual, low-tiers getting bullied by mid-tiers, same shit, different day.

We walked to class and took our usual seats. I sat there, staring at the board, thinking.

Why would Remi go after EMBER in the first place? She knows the dangers. Haven't Blyke or Isen said something to her yet? I'm not having any high-tiers or elite-tiers getting themselves in this kind of trouble. What kind of Queen would I be to let them risk their lives?

"Psst," I heard a whisper. "Kami."

I looked over and seen it was John calling me.

"Something doesn't feel right."

"What is it?"

"Feel like we're being watched."

I tried to casually look around. I pretended to crack my back on chair just to look behind me, and I didn't see anything, except a glow of something like a dirty grey color. An aura? That must mean someone is hiding. I quickly turned around. Can't let them know I seen them... man I really need to learn these aura color meanings. That's it, I'm doing it during class.

I took my phone out and started researching it. I read all the information and started to memorize it.

"So dirty grey means... he was trying to hide the fact he was hiding?"

"What is it?" John looked at me.

"Someone is hiding and spying in here."

"How?"

"They're invisible."

"How did u see them though?"

"I can see auras."

He just stared at me. "I've never heard of anyone being able to do so."

"Maybe my ability improved?"

~Subject 42's ability got more powerful, according to her~

~Return to base before you're caught by Subject 42~

What? So they spy on us before attempting to capture us? Now I know this, I can warn Remi.

I looked over and noticed the teacher was sleeping and my classmates were all talking.