F O R T Y - O N E

Y/n was grounded because she had gotten bad grades. She wasn't aloud to go anywhere other than school and back.

Richie and Y/n meet up every other Thursday to go to a diner and get biscuits and iced tea. It's their tradition. It's been their tradition since the day they met back in 6th grade. Now they're Juniors in highschool and they still do it.

Y/n was supposed to be doing her homework and doing chores, but all she could think about was how she wasn't going to able to see Richie at the diner.

Richie had told her that it was okay and that they could go when Y/n was not grounded anymore, but Y/n still felt bad. She contemplated on sneaking out, but she knew she wouldn't get away with it.

She was writing in her notes when she hears three plink, plink, plink noises coming from the window of her bedroom.

Y/n turns her head and listens. Plink, plink, plink.

Hesitantly she walks over to the window and opens the blinds just a little to see what was going.

Richie Tozier was at the bottom throwing pebbles at her window with a plastic bag on his arm.

She smiled and opened it. "Hey!" She shouted, "come up!"

Richie climbed up the tree next to her window. Y/n moved out of the way to let him in. Before she could back up Richie fell in knocking her down with him, the contents of the bag spilling out on the floor.

"Shit!" Richie yelled as he had hit his ankle on the side of Y/ns night stand.

"Ow, ow, ow, my funny bone!" Richie whimpered, holding his ankle.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Her mother shouted behind her closed bedroom door.

"Uh, yeah? I just fell and hit my ankle! Mind bringing me some ice please!?" Y/n shouted back.

"Alright."

"Are you okay?" She laughed.

"No, that hurt!" Richie whined.

"What're you doing here?" Y/n asked.

"Uhm, well you couldn't go to the diner so I sort of brought the diner to you," he smiled, picking up the wrapped up biscuits and tea, which thankfully didn't spill out on the floor.

"Y/n?" Her mother says, knocking.

Y/n pushes Richie into her closet and goes to the door.

"Thanks, mom. I've got alot of homework to do," she quickly says, receiving the ice and closing her door.

Richie comes back and Y/n hands him the ice. He sits on her bed and puts the ice on his ankle.

"Good?" Y/n raises her eyebrows.

Richie smiles, "I'm a damsel in distress and you are my knight in shining armor. Ah how could I ever repay you? Maybe with some biscuits and tea?" he says in his best southern bell accent. He hands a biscuit to Y/n and tea.

"Thank you. I was really sad about not going. Sorry to break the tradition this year," y/n frowns.

Richie scrunches his eyebrows, "hey, you didn't break anything. The tradition isn't broken, it just isn't the same setting for today. We can continue the regular setting next time," he assures her.

They sit on Y/ns bed and enjoy their biscuits and tea.

"You have biscuit crumbs on your chin," y/n laughs. Taking her thumb and rubbing off the crumbs.

Richie chuckles, "did I? Or did you just say that as an excuse to touch me? Baby, you know you could have just asked." he says, wiggling his eyebrows.

Y/n smacks his shoulder, "shut up."

"You're my bestfriend, you know that right?" Richie says, leaning his head on Y/ns shoulder.

"Really? You and Eddie seem real close."

"Yeah, only cause me and his mom are real close," he smirks.

Y/n rolls her eyes, but smiles anyway.

"You're my bestfriend, too," she smiles.

"I could be more than you're bestfriend," Richie says, in a weird accent.

"Oh my god shut up!" Y/n laughs.