Chapter 4

^
Where Hanna ended up.

                      °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

The figure recoiled at this, jumping off my body before touching the cloth that covered its face. Removing it, I recoiled slightly at the surprising attractiveness of the male that stood before me. He brushed out his brown hair, dropping the mask to the floor, carelessly. He was wearing a white sort of vest, his muscled arms flexing as he moved. His body was tanned and I marvelled at the angelic glint of his hazel eyes as he looked at me, his head tilted curiously. I moved in to ask him where I was, but he put distance between us with his sword, the sharp end resting near my neck. His tone was melodic as he spoke, a serious look on his god-like face.

"Tell me who sent you or I'll slice your throat."

                     °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

"Please, don't hurt me! I was j-just walking. I-I don't know what's happening!" I rambled in heated desperation, the feel of the sharp metal so prominent on my neck.

The male stayed silent, doing nothing to quell the fear in me. Instead, he scanned me up and down, almost professionally. A moment or two passed like this, with his eyes scrutinizing me and me quaking in my shoes. Then, after what seemed like centuries, he tentatively moved the sword slightly away from my neck, a cautious look in his warm eyes. I kept note on how he still stood guarded, not moving to sheath his sword.

"Who are you?" He questioned, his voice gentle, but the spite in his tone was enough to tell me that a wrong answer would get me killed.

I placed my hands up in a show of surrender. He tensed slightly at the sudden movement, making my words rush out in a hurried panic.

"No, no, I'm not a threat! I'm just a university student! My name's Hanna Aset and I work in cafe and I-"

"What did you say?" He interrupted, moving closer, his arm holding the sword, falling limp to his side. The heat in his eyes burned through my face and I shook my head, retracing my words.

"I work in a cafe?" I said meekly, hoping I had given him what he wanted, but the frustrated sigh that left his mouth told me otherwise.

"Not that. What you said before." He commanded, gruffly, a tanned hand stroking through his brown locks. I stilled, thinking back to my words.

"My name is Hanna Aset?" I uttered, watching his eyes light up. I listened to the sound of the clink as he swiftly sheathed his sword, edging closer to me. Instinctively, I moved backwards, watching him with fearful and curious eyes.

"And, is that your birth name?" He questioned, but there was a slight tinge of something else to his tone. Almost like hope. His sun-lit eyes looked down at me questioningly.

I nodded quickly, despite finding myself confused at the pointless question.

Just what did that have to do with anything?

At this, the male in front of me broke out into a smile and I marvelled at the foreign expression on his face. I may have smiled back had it not been for the fact that I was still extremely scared. Suddenly, he reached a hand out to me, the smile not leaving his face.

"Negus would want to see you."

I replayed the words coming out of his mouth, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He reached his hand out further and I clasped the both of mine behind my back in response.

"I-i don't know you. I can't just go with you somewhere." I reasoned quietly, hoping he wouldn't resort back to using the large weapon resting at his belt.