Chapter 1

Inside a spacious living room, Han Yang sat nested within a sofa as he read through some files containing programming data. He was currently a College Junior, who also took some small programming projects to earn a little extra cash in his spare time, because even though there were scholarships available, he wanted to put aside a small sum of money which would later be sent to his Grandpa.

This time around, the project he was working on was a foreign trade website. It was a new site, though it was previously designed by someone else, and sadly it still had various aspects of its functionality left incomplete. These unfinished portions were what Han Yang was now applying fixes to.

With both legs crossed he sat, computer in his lap, fingers pounding away at the keyboard. Due to his slightly long bangs, which often obstructed his vision, a long paper binder was taken from the printed data files he had to clamp those wayward strands up.

When writing code, Han Yang became completely entranced. He was so absorbed while doing this task that he did not even notice when someone had opened the door and entered the room.

Helian Qing returned to witness such a sight. The soft light struck the side of Han Yang's face, causing his entire body radiate a gentle air, very much unlike the cold and obstinate figure he was during their past confrontations. That hair clip he wore also did its part to add a hint of childishness to his mien.

So because of this Han Yang, Helian Qing did not need to lighten his movements as the other man was still unaware of his return. In fact his head, just as it had before, was still very much focused on his own affairs.

The sound of light strokes tapping on the keyboard echoed throughout the living room as Han Yang's hands kept beating away. Thus, it was not until Helian Qing began walking towards him, did he finally show a response.

Han Yang's fingers paused abruptly. He then lifted his head to see the man, who had by then already walked towards him, currently beside him. This other person wore a white shirt along with a slightly loosened tie, lacking all of the rigour he had during their first meeting. Now only that handsome and—judging by its lack of excess emotion—quite serious face simply looking down at him.

Han Yang's eyebrows creased, the subtle act creating a barely visible wrinkle. Having that man nowhere to be seen for two consecutive weeks, had allowed him to relax to the extent where he had forgotten his current predicament. The absence also allowing him to thoroughly neglect that his current residence was not his own, but was instead the apartment of the one now before his eyes named, Helian Qing.

And that he, Han Yang, was this man's "Contracted Wife".

Honestly speaking, if he could, he truly would rather not use those words.

Although Han Yang's movement were quite subtle, without the cover of his bangs, Helian Qing's eyes set themselves squarely on his face, making it very easy for that other man to catch sight of his frown.

That man's cold, hardened features crinkled as well. From this situation was it was clear that Han Yang just did not expect him to return on this day, at all? He was clearly told before the business trip the date of Helian Qing's return. After all, the time apart was given to let him to properly organize his feelings, along with granting both parties the opportunity to adapt to this new relationship.

Or could it simply be that Han Yang—from the start—had already completely forgotten about Helian Qing's very existence.

Ha ha!

Adapt to that demon.

Two people, one standing, one sitting, neither saying a word to the other. Even the sound of the keyboard disappeared after a while. The atmosphere appeared to have become somewhat awkward.

Face-to-face meetings like these were always silent. The condescending attitude worn by the other person made Han Yang a little uneasy. After a long pause, Han Yang, though rather hesitantly, began to speak, "You... came back."

Saying that sentence in that moment, he then looked to the other person whose eyes flashed with ridicule. The look conveyed, just as a bullet screen would,  the message "If I'm not back, what do you think you're seeing—a ghost?"

[T/n: a Bullet screen shows comments posted in real time on videos. Or just picture the his look and the picture as a meme.]

Han Yang began to sweat.

A few seconds later, HeLian Qing coldly responded, "Yeah."

......How time goes by so quickly.

Han Yang groaned internally, passing the time with a sigh. When Helian Qing saw that Han Yang was finished asking questions he was left a bit speechless. Then with displeasure evident in his voice he asked, "It doesn't look like you wanted me to come back, doesn't it?"

That was true......

"No," Han Yang whispered before he saw the clock hanging on the wall showed it was past nine o'clock in the evening. It also dawned on him that man's return from the airport must have taken at least an hour, so with the thought of him probably not haven eaten as yet he asked, "Have you eaten?"

Looking at the boy, who thanks to that clip lifting his bangs had his forehead exposed to reveal a pair of considerate eyebrows, Helian Qing's own brows in turn relaxed slightly as his thin lips spat out the single word, "No."

Han Yang looked then saw, beside Helian Qing's feet, a small suitcase sat. Guessing that he most likely just came straight from the plane and after hesitating for a few seconds, he asked, "If you don't mind, there's still some stuff in the fridge, so... can I go get you something to eat?"

Helian Qing did not say a word as he looked at Han Yang as if he were thinking it over. Han Yang, who saw this, now wanted to just call to have some food delivered for him. But before Han Yang could speak, Helian Qing looked at him then simply nodded and said, "I'll go shower" before dragging his suitcase with him into the bedroom.

Then at the sight of Helian Qing's retreating figure, Han Yang suddenly recalled what had happened just two weeks prior.

........................................