Chapter 5

^
The library.

                      °°°°°°°♧°°°°°°

I woke up to a sea of blue and golden sun-kissed sand resembling that of a beautiful beach that Marie had gone on vacation once, on the Mediterranean coastline. I reached out to feel the grains of sand, but was met with a different texture altogether. It felt almost like strands of hair. I jumped back, shielding my body. My eyes met a petite blonde-haired girl, sat on the edge of the bed, a small smirk on her face.

"Wow, Emut had said you were a little scared and I should try make you feel better, but you seem fine to me." She let out between giggles and I gaped at the girl, having nothing to say. She cleared her throat at the look on my face, putting a strand behind her ear.

"Of course, how rude of me. I know who you are, but you don't know who I am. I'm Ayla, nice to meet you !" She let out enthusiastically and I laughed at how energetic she seemed. I gave a small wave in her direction and she teasingly gave one back. I looked at her attire, not surprised that she was also sporting a similar style to that of the others. She wore an army green tank top with khaki shorts. Out of nowhere, she sprang to her feet, moving towards the window.

"Come on now. We're wasting daylight. Let's get a move on!" She clapped her hands loudly and I cringed at the sharp noise.

"And where exactly do I need to be?" I let out poignantly, a yawn escaping my mouth. Ayla moved closer and it was only then that I noticed the piles of clothes in her hands. She waved her hand, dismissing my question.

"Forget all that. First, freshen up. The female washing chambers are on the next floor and I've picked clothes out for you. Emut figured we were around the same size and I think he figured right." She rushed in one breath, handing clothes to me and I agreed with her words. I was around 5'4 and she only seemed an inch shorter. Plus, our figures were very similar. I took the clothes from her hands and she urged me up before walking us out the room, me walking and her skipping.

When we reached the washing chambers, she handed over a linen towel and some other toiletries. I peered in to see a row of showerheads sprouting off the wall, with no doors. On the floor, were a line of drains.

"So, when you're done, make your way past the first floor and to the ground floor to the courtyard. You know where that is, right?" She questioned and I nodded numbly, the heat of the hall making my hair stick to my neck and I revelled in the thought of cold water.

"Good. I'll see you then, Hanna." She said and, with a slap on my butt, she was gone.

Today just got a whole lot weirder.

**************************************

I walked down the same steps that Emut had guided me up just yesterday, patting my hair down with a white towel, although that wasn't needed given the heat. I looked down at my attire, which was significantly different to that of what I wore in England aka the cold capital. It was from Ayla's wardrobe- that much was evident from the khaki cargo shorts that rested on the lower portion of my thighs. Granted, they did feel more appropriate for the climate, but that didn't mean I didn't feel slightly uncomfortable. I was most definitely not used to clothes such as these. The burgundy tank top put me in a similar plight and I wrapped my arms around my torso in a meek attempt to cover myself up.

Walking up to the courtyard, I caught sight of blonde and walked towards the fountain. Ayla smiled at me as I walked towards her, getting up. She jogged to me, meeting me in the middle, her hands resting at her hips.

"I think, it's time you got a tour, don't you think?" She questioned, her blue eyes squinting from the sun. Before I could even answer, she was already showing me around, dragging me my arm.