What Happened? - 2

D
I wake up at my house, my backpack empty of all my spying items except for one neatly folded note at the bottom.

I take it out and unfold it. It was clearly made by Zim, as it has instructions on how to properly open it (because he thinks I'm not smart enough to figure it out by myself).

The note is not handwritten (I don't know quite why) and instead is text.

The text reads,

"3 Years, Yet Still.

Dib  

Pain   Hardship   death."

Death is the only word not capitalized.... what could it mean? I look at the clock.

Crap! 7 AM! I thought, panicked. I rush to school.

Z
I was in the lab working on the freshwater chemical again, when I looked at the clock, 9:00 AM.

Oh well, no point in going to Skool today, especially not Hiskool, that place is useless! I thought.

I remembered last night, what happened after Dib had gone unconscious. I shuddered. That couldn't have happened!

I shake the feeling away and get back to work.

Time Skip.

D
Zim wasn't at school today, but I am not going to go to his house, even though it's tempting.

Whatever he has injected me with is really painful, and now it has spread throughout my entire body.

It's unbearable! I have to know what happened and what that substance was. Why does it hurt so much?

I just need to make an antidote and-

What is that noise? It sounds like... Zim yelling? No, Zim... screaming? And not just like what he does every day of the year... but it sounds like screams of pain?

The bell rings, huh! Convenient. I race outside to see the noise, and to my surprise, someone is intentionally pouring some 3 gallons -plus some- of water on Zim! I run over and push the bully into the wall.

Why am I helping him? I ask myself. Without thinking, I attack the bully.

Z
My skin was burning away, and I was smoking due to the severel glasses of water being poured onto my head.

The water tore at my skin until some blood dripped into a puddle on the ground... which was terrifying, as I'm trying to keep it a secret that I'm an alien while cobalt blood is pooling on the ground in large amounts.

But then, something cut off the waterflow. Well, apparently someone.

Dib-stink? Dib-stink! Why was he helping me? I would've thought he would pour more water on me...

I shoved the unknown attacker away and ran, still screaming in pain, towards my house.

Dib soon followed after with a (surprisingly) worried expression.

D
I ran after Zim as he ran to his house,  blood trailing him on the ground as he ran. It honestly looked like pigmented Electric Blue Gatorade.

He slammed his door shut and screamed "GIR!" I waited outside for him to do anything.

Maybe for the security to attack me, or for him take me down and inject me with things, or for Mom or Dadbot to attack me, but nope!

At least, that's what I thought. I was walking away when spider legs grabbed me from behind.

Zim shoved me into a kitchen trashcan with surprising speed (guess he didn't want me to see that it was a trash can) and took me down to the lab.

Again, though, we were very close in the tube. He stared at me with hatred and pain, but something else as well... affection?

No, it can't be.

Can it?

Z
I shoved Dib onto the table, locking him into the handcuffs. Boy, this was becoming routine!

I took the same chemical as before, but in a higher dosage, cleaned his arm, and injected the chemical.

He wiggled and squirmed and winced and whined. He actually looked kind of cute being so helpless.

...

Hold up-

WHAT AM I SAYING?! HE IS MY ENEMY!!!

I shook the thought away and grabbed another chemical, which I hadn't tested yet.

I looked over at Dib and grinned, injecting the purple chemical into the same stab wound on his arm.

He tried and failed to muffle a cry of pain, something he hadn't done before. I poked Dib's arm and he winced,

HA! I CAN DOMINATE HIM! I thought, I can rule him! Control him!

But soon after, I looked over again and felt... bad. A tear was rolling down Dib's cheek. What am I feeling...

Pity?

TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE NIGHT! I literally did both of these in one day. It's 1 am... oh well, it's vacation anyway, I can sleep in. XD

Published- June 22nd, 2018
Revised- March 28th, 2020