four

peter parker hopped on a subway for queens, as excited he was to see aunt may, he was also nervous. aunt may had been in a battle for a very long time and peter knew she wasn't doing or looking so well. tony stark even bought her a beautiful wig after her and peter shaved her hair off before she started chemo. among both aunt may and peter, peter was struggling more than she was.

about halfway through the subway, the train stopped and the lights cut out. a few people, mostly men and children screamed as a menacing voice came over the intercom.

"citizens of the subway system, do not be alarmed!" declared the strangely calm voice, "please comply with my militia or we will be forced to use violent responses."

a group of about 20 soldiers came through the doors and emergency hatches holding large rapid fires. they began shouting everyone on the ground with their hands on their heads and each
and every terrified new yorker complied. peter parker was mortified for his life, he just wanted to see his aunt may and now that had gone down the drain, his life may go down the drain.

"surely the nypd or the avengers knows what's going on right?" whispered a clearly terrified woman to her husband. boy was she right.

peter noticed a tiny ant sized human figure slip through a crack in the door in front of him. scott.

"hey peter! its me, ant-man. the others are on the way but we need spiderman." he said enthusiastically, he grabbed peter's knee and shrunk him down so that they could both slip out. thankfully none of the remaining five guards, plenty of them had left to go to other cars, had noticed them slip out. peter ran into a bathroom with scott and they returned to regular height. peter grabbed his backpack and slung it off his shoulders and then quickly began removing clothing to change into his suit, forgetting scott was standing there.

"woah man calm down i'm pretty sure this is illegal in some way, like you're a minor and i'm not and i shouldn't be watching you change i guess and like, i've been arrested once before and it kinda sucks." scott remarked as peter flung each leg through the suit and pulled it all the way on. he pressed his hand on the spider on the chest and the suit became skin tight.

"the people on that train are in danger, i could care less if you see me change."

the two men ran out of the rest room and back to the subway station that was deserted of people. cap, nat and clint rushed down the stairs, scott and peter turning to look at them.

"what is going on?" cap asked as he observed the train cars.

"hostage situation." nat replied as she examined the cars to see the smartest way to go in, she decided on the roof of the cars and directed each avenger to take a train car. peter shot a web on the ceiling and shimmied to the second car where he hopped down the emergency hatch into the car, being careful as to not land on anyone. he shot a web into the faces of the guards and then used more webs to fling their guns away from them.

"everyone up! i'm here to rescue you." peter declared with a voice as deep as he could manage.

there were whispers of people fanning over spiderman saving them from danger as they filed out of the cars in a panicked hurry. police had arrived not long after and directed everyone out of the subway. one little boy around 7 years old, stopped and tugged on peter's hand causing him to look down.

"fank you spireman!" the boy said, he had lots of obviously missing teeth causing a small speech impediment, that, and he was young. peter crouched down to the little boy's height and ruffled his hair, he was smiling widely underneath the mask.

"what's your name kid?" peter asked gently.

"dez! and when i grow up i wanna be jus like you!"

"you've got a long ways to go, but you can do it, i know you can! spiderman believes in you." peter said with a giggle and a smile. the boy nodded, hugged peter and then ran off with his mom. cap approached spiderman and pat him on the back.

"you're a great guy, spiderman, you really are."