Chapter Fifty-Five: Concerning Aftermath

Connor's POV

"Tasha's been gone ten minutes and fifty seconds."

Hank looked up from his paper work, "You're counting the seconds? That's not normal, Connor."

"It is for me." Connor replied, his eyes staring towards the bathroom. "Tasha never takes longer than five minutes."

"Yeah, well Tasha's under a little bit of stress right now."

"That's my point." Connor looked over at Hank. "She never takes this long, Hank."

"Connor, just last week she found out she's a fucking cyborg. Her entire life was practically ripped out from under her — Her death is a game of chance, yet she's chosen to try and go back to normal. Does that sound easy to you?"

"Well, no." Connor admitted, "It seems quite difficult."

"Exactly. I mean, put yourself in her shoes. Before you became a deviant everything was different for you."

"Yes, but that's different. I... People have different ways of dealing with different situation, and who am I to say what's right or wrong for her. Tasha is confused and needs our guidance. I won't lose her again."

Hank sighed, turning to him. "Connor, something you need to understand is humans can deal with a lot, but a load like this? All I'm saying is Tasha is going through a lot and we need to respect that."

Connor nodded, "I understand."

Hank took a sip of his coffee, looking towards the bathroom, then to the clock on his desk. "You are right, though. Tasha's been gone a while." Hank called over one of the worker androids. "Can you go check on Tasha?"

The girl nodded, turning towards the last known location and disappearing towards the washroom.

Connor felt like time stilled as he heard a scream emerge from the direction of the washroom. Hank and him immediately ran towards the sound, concern filling both of them.

"Tasha!"

Connor's eyes widened as he saw Tasha holding Gavin against the wall, crushing his windpipes slowly. She didn't notice them — or anything for that matter. She focused on glaring at Gavin, a smirk on her face.

It wasn't until Connor and Hank pulled Tasha off Gavin that she seemed to notice their presence

It wasn't until Connor and Hank pulled Tasha off Gavin that she seemed to notice their presence. But not before she went to hit Connor. He grabbed her wrist, stopping her before her first could touch him.