Chapter 16 | Better With You

Hailey's leg bounced up and down as English class went on. She couldn't find herself to focus on whatever they were learning. Her brain flooded with thoughts of the date. She didn't know what to wear or how to act. Her last one was a bust. What if the date went terribly and she had to stop talking to Zac. She didn't want that to happen.

"Hailey, what the fuck is going on? Stop bouncing your leg. It's fucking annoying." Nate said with a glare. She had turned around when she heard his voice. She glared back at him, chewing on her lip. She stopped moving her leg.

"I'm sorry. I'm just nervous." She mumbled.

"For what? We don't even have an exam." Nate said, still very irritated. Evan sighed.

"Zac told her they're going on their first date today." Evan clued him in. Nate nodded in understanding. Him and Bella were off doing god knows what during lunch and hadn't joined them.

"But why are you nervous? You like Zac. Shouldn't be freaking out." Nate said in an obvious tone. Hailey rolled her eyes. How sympathetic.

"It's my first real date." She whisper screamed. She looked around, not wanting her classmates to hear. She turned back to the pair.

"What about the one with Jack?" Nate asked. Hailey rolled her eyes. Did any of the boys remember his name? They share homeroom with him.

"Jordan, and that one was terrible so i'm not counting it." She said. She turned around and saw their classmates busy. Had their teacher assigned class work?

"Well alright then. But relax, your bouncing leg is driving me nuts. Just focus on Shakespeare or who ever this book is from." Nate said picking up the textbook. Hailey let out a giggle, focusing on the board. Nate was right. She had nothing to worry about. She liked Zac and that was enough.

-

Hailey threw another article of clothing behind her in frustration. She had no idea what to wear! She had no clue where they were going or what they were doing. How was she supposed to know what to wear? She let out a groan. This was useless.

"Why did a fashion tornado come through here?" Ben asked, pushing open her bedroom door. She let out a scream. He had startled her. "Sorry, but what's wrong?"

"I have my first date with Zac!" She screamed in frustration. Ben chuckled, flopping onto her bed. She glared at her brother. Trinity had made it earlier. Now it was going to be all messy.

"That boy is crazy about you. Show up in sweats and he'd be happy." Ben said. He was now on his phone, earning yet another glare from Hailey. "Hails, chill. Just wear whatever. It honestly doesn't matter."

"But I don't know what we're doing. Do I need a dress? Should I wear sneakers? Is it going to be cold? I don't know what to wear." She said in even more frustration than before. She wanted to ask Zac again , but he kept saying it was a surprise. He was no help.

"Fine Hails. Wear," Ben said getting up. He started going through her pile of clothes. She watched in confusion as he chose an outfit. "This."

"What if it isn't right?" She asked, studying the clothes he picked out. Ben smiled smugly. She then gasped. "You know where he's taking me, don't you!"

"Secret safe with me. Now get ready. He'll be here soon." Ben said, leaving her room with a smirk. She glared at his figure, shutting the door behind him. Of course Zac would tell her siblings where he was taking her. She was sure Josh wouldn't let her go without that information. She huffed before sliding on the outfit.

She was wearing a pair of distressed jeans with rips, a black tank top with a black leather jacket on top. She didn't know where that jacket came from, but wasn't going to oppose. It was cute.