Chapter 16: Choice

"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
                         -Anonymous

Your cheeks were red as your blue eyes met Namjoon's golden gaze from over the fire, a small, dimpled smile gracing his features.

You quickly moved your eyes away from the sorcerer, your heart beating loudly in your ears.

Your mind suddenly flashed back to the kiss.

His warm lips that danced softly across your own, his tight embrace that held you so close to his body. The way your heart beat in your chest when he kissed your palm and called you beautiful.

Did you have feelings for Namjoon?

"Lady y/n?"

The soft voice pulled you out of your daze. You blinked your blue eyes as a hand waved infront of your face.

"Oh. What?" You asked as you came back to reality. "What were you saying?"

Taehyung eyed you curiously, his lavender gaze trailing over your face, watching as your blue eyes drifted over to Namjoon's form once again.

You'd been staring at him all night.

Taehyung clenched his fist and sighed at your question.

"We were discussing our timespan of travel." He stated.

You nodded glancing around to all of the men that were congregated by the fire. The sky was beginning to grow dark, deep shades of purples and pinks were swirled together with orange, and a few stars had come out to decorate the sky.

Fireflies were beginning to glow, lighting up the shaded campsite.

"Okay. Carry on." You said, resting your chin in your hand in boredom.

Taehyung rolled his eyes at your childish behavior, clearing his throat before looking at the rest of the men.

"As I was saying; If we were to head out by first light tomorrow, we could reach Pamelia by early evening." He said.

Yoongi scoffed from his resting place against the tree.

"Why does every adventure have to start so early in the morning? Can't we just wait until everyone is awoken?" He asked.

Yoongi was panicking.

He had been so focused on his injuries and protecting you that he had forgotten about the letter sent to his father.

Surely by now the Dragon Kingdom's army has taken over the small trading town, and Yoongi's father was there waiting for him to arrive with you.

So he could kill you.

Yoongi's heart began to beat harshly against his rib cage.

At the beginning of this journey you were nothing more to him than a pawn in his game, a loose end that needed tying up.

But now,

Yoongi swallowed harshly as his tangerine gaze trailed over to your sitting form. Your face lit up by the fire's light.

You were no longer expendable.

Jimin sent a glare to the raven haired prince.

"Have you forgotten that the Great Barrier is down? If we wait in the same spot too long then we risk the chance of those monsters finding y/n." Jimin said dryly. "Besides, we wouldn't have to wake so early had you not been shot. Your injury will slow us down substantially. If we are to make it to Pamelia before night fall tomorrow we must wake at day light." The silver haired prince scolded.