Chapter 12

Memorial

❇❇❇❇

She's aware of the hardships of life, that is why she'll be always ready to help those in need.

❇❇❇❇

"Where the bloody hell are you?" Was the greeting sentence Isabelle heard as soon as she picked up the phone.

"Hello to you too, Nik. You sound cranky, time of the month, is it?" She snarked making him roll his eyes in frustration.

"Isabelle, it has been two bloody days and there's not a sign of you. Where the fuck are you? Stefan and I are worried." She smiled as she continued to get ready for the day.

"And I need to tell you, why?" She grinned because she was enjoying troubling her best friend.

"Izzy.." Niklaus warned. She could swear that if she didn't tell him where she had been, one more time, he'd explode.

She picked up her bag and walked out of the room, holding her phone to her ear. She looked up and her eyes were met with his velvety chocolate orbs. 

She smiled brightly giving him the opportunity to admire her angelic face.

He walked to her and slid his hands around her waist and kissed her forehead. She closed her eyes as she breathed in his intoxicating scent.

"ISABELLE GRACE GILBERT. If I don't hear where you are in the next five seconds, I'm gonna go set all of your Chris Hemsworth's posters on fire–"

"–and I'm gonna unsubscribe your Netflix." Came Stefan's voice, making Isabelle's eyes go wide.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT, I'M IN PARIS!" Isabelle shrieked causing pin-drop silence to erupt on the other side of the line. 

She looked at Elijah, who was having difficulties to control his laughter. Isabelle pouted, her cover was blown.

"YOU WHAT?" Niklaus yelled from the other side causing her to closed her eyes and remove the phone from her ear.

It had been two days since either Elijah or Isabelle were last seen in Mystic Falls. None of their friends or family knew where they were, Niklaus had even gone up to an extent to call up her office for her whereabouts. 

For the past two days, the new couple had done nothing but just bask in each other's presence. They had done what every normal couple does on their romantic getaway and for once, all either of them thought about was each other. 

No supernatural drama, no sibling fights, and especially no killings.

Elijah and her had grown gradually closer to each other over the past two days, especially because of their lives not being at stake every second. 

The day they had arrived, they had spent in her room, in front of her laptop, binge-watching her favorite shows. They ordered take-outs because neither of them were willing to get out of each other's warm embrace. 

They watched most of the vampire movies and made fun of how unrealistic they were and what would happen if someone told them that this all actually existed.