Balls Of Steel(17)

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG SINCE I HAVE UPDATED!

Thank you to those who didn't give up on my lazy ass! I love reading your encouraging comments and I will try to get better with updating. 

NO BUT REALLY I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS AND READ EVERY SINGLE ONE. 

I know I have typing errors but I will not correct them until wayyy later, thanks for pointing them out though it makes finding them way easier. 

Anyway, enjoy this long awaited chapter! 

--------------------

Reluctantly walking up to the table, I count seven guys in total. Kota, Luke, North, Victor, Silas, and of course my new friend, Gabriel. As we get closer to the table, the guys all shift around without a word creating a spot in the middle of the bench next to Luke and Silas, putting me at the center of their undivided attention.

Perfect.

I let out a sigh to try and relax my already anxious body as I gracefully insert myself on the bench. Gabriel stands directly behind me giving me silent support. I'm thankful he doesn't try to touch me.

The awkward silence continues when Kota takes charge. "I'm happy you decided to sit with us Sang, my name is Dakota, but my brothers call me Kota." He then continues to introduce the rest of his so called 'brothers' as he formally introduces each person, I can tell he is a classic gentlemen by his mannerism and choice of words. It also doesn't slip by me that he seems to be the leader in their unconventional group. My suspicions only magnify as I try to piece together what their small group has in common with the unnaturally good looking teachers.

My attention is drawn back to the situation when Kota sweeps his hand over to the unknown man with the copper-red hair. "...and this is Nathan, but he prefers Nate."

Nathans dark eyes study me as I study him. He has a controlled, calm, but dangerous demeaner that indicates some kind of martial arts discipline. He is one of the taller ones in the group which really says something about his height since I feel like a child compared to them. His face has a rugged handsomeness that's only intensified by his cut jaw and cheek bones. There is an underlying sense of cockiness that simmers in his eyes like he knows how good looking and dangerous he is and is not afraid to let others know.

I don't particularly like people who are full of themselves, but my gut tells me there is much more than what meets the eyes and that I should give him a chance. I always trust my gut. My gut however, is telling me that I also need to ruffle his feathers a little.

With balls of steel, I try my best to relax by body as much as possible as I lean back with my hands calmly supporting me. My position is very vulnerable, especially to someone who has as much fighting knowledge as Nathan apparently does. I have, of course, dabbled in the art of self-defense so I know how much of an insult my body positioning is. By leaving myself open to his scrutiny with not a single defensive behavior, shows that I know how dangerous he is and that I'm not impressed.

For some reason, having the support of Gabriel gives me more confidence and comfort than I'm willing to admit to myself.

Nathans eyes turn from calm arrogance, to molten lava at my blatant insult. I promised to never be the victim again, and I will show that being strong doesn't mean being tuff.

The stare down continues as Nathans body goes from relaxed asshole with his arm resting on his perched knee, to tense fighter as he leans forward with his hands folded on top of the table. No one dares says a word as they all seem to be catching on to what's happening. A power struggle.

People need a power structure in order to function with others. There are people act as the 'alpha', people who choose to weather or not to listen to that alpha, and people who bow down to worship the alpha. It's exactly like the pack structure of wolves. Nathan isn't used to blatant challenges that questions his place in this little family dynamic they have going on, and I can tell he thinks I'm some push over little 'rich bitch' that he needs to get rid of. What he needs to learn is that silence doesn't mean weakness.

A cleared throat snaps both of us out of our little game as Victor rubs the back of his neck. "It's nice to formally meet you Sang, I know it must be over whelming to meet us all."

In the corner of my eye I see North give Nathan a stern 'don't fuck with her'look. Nathan simply rolls his eyes, but leans back into a relaxed position. After a few seconds, conversation seems to flow around the table as the boys discuss classes and homework. I know they do this to dispel the tense atmosphere that was created by Nathan and I who keeps sending me curious looks as I simply sit and listen to his proclaimed 'brothers'. I see the distrust that sizzles beneath his eyes and serve him back a little of my own on a nice silver platter.

Oh yea, bud? Well, welcome to a little piece of my life, you need to learn how to hide your emotions better if you don't want people to take advantage of them.

Something tells me he already knows that though and he's not happy that I found his weakness to quickly and easily. Nathans body language may seem calm and collected, but beneath the shell, his emotions burn brighter than his hair.

Let's see what you've got then, fire boy.  

********************

AAAAANNNDDDDD

 Scene *bows*

Sang isn't just stepping outside her comport zone, she's beating the absolute shit out of it  

Thanks for reading<3

Don't forget to comment/star the chapter if you enjoyed, if you didn't...jokes on you since I just wasted your time lol.