Chapter Fourty Three

Jungkook's POV

Anxiety overpowers me.

Panting heavily, I stare at the blood on my hands. Minah's blood.

My hands are shaking so badly. A small sob works its way out of my throat. The thoughts of witnessing Minah's lifeless body right before my eyes are accelerating inside my head. I want them to stop so I can breathe properly but they won't.

Eunji doesn't even know about this. How am I supposed to tell her? If I tell her, she'll slip into depression. But at the same time, I can't let her find out through someone else.

I'll have to tell her. That's her best friend in that room — in a life and death situation. How do I tell her that Minah had been stabbed so brutally? How do I tell her that the attacker hasn't been caught? How do I tell her that....her best friend was also stabbed so mercilessly?

Plus Taehyung's feeling frustrated with himself and is worried. He didn't come to the hospital with me because he didn't want to face her. He's worried he'll break down at the sight of her, so at the moment he's trying to stay strong.

Waiting outside the hospital room for Minah with Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok and Yoongi, my eyes watch the doctors doing their job.

I turn away and pace back and forth. My mind was flooding with questions on how I should break this news to Eunji.

Suddenly, I hear the door open. My head immediately turns to the door and I spot the doctor walking out, staring at me with a saddened expression. "Are you a friend of hers?"

I nod in reply. "Yes. And she's also my girlfriend's best friend. Well, more like her sister. What's wrong with her, doctor? Is she okay?" I question.

I mentally pray for Minah. I hope she's alright. She's not only Taehyung's lover but also like Eunji's sister.

The doctor takes his glasses off and diverts his gaze back to me before replying.

Jimin's POV

"Come on, Taehyung. You need to come with us to the hospital. The headmaster is letting you and the girls to meet Minah." I try to convince him, rubbing his shoulder soothingly.

"I can't, Jimin." He replies with an emotionless tone.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because after what's happened with her, I know that if I go over there and meet her, I won't be able to face her. I wasn't there to save her when she was stabbed." His voice turns into a panicked one.

"Taehyung, you didn't know what was going on at that time. It's okay." I assure him.

He lets out a sigh. "I'm having this feeling that nothing will be okay, Jimin."

"Hey, Taehyung. Positive thoughts." I reassure.

"My mind's only thinking negative." He simply replies, then stays quiet.

I sigh. Positive talk isn't helping him at the moment. He hasn't cried at all but just panicked and then stayed quiet.

I haven't heard from Jungkook and the others. I hope nothing bad has happened.

3rd Person's POV

The boys arrived back to college from the hospital in a shaken state.

Taehyung stood up when he saw them entering his room where everyone else is. He walks to them and asks, "How is she?"

Theirs gazes turned to Taehyung. Jungkook looked like he wanted to burst into tears any second. Whereas the rest of the boys looked at him with apologetic eyes.

They took a deep breath before speaking. "She's...not okay."

Taehyung frowned. "What do you mean?"

"She won't ever be okay. She..." Hoseok spoke but paused, not wanting to say anything further.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung." Yoongi tried continue Hoseok's answer but even he couldn't do it, because he knew that revealing something like this is painful.

Jungkook walked to Taehyung. He hugged him and cried. "She didn't make it. I'm sorry, hyung."

Taehyung face morphed from confusion to disbelief. He pushed Jungkook away. "No. You're all lying to me."

"She passed away after she was stabbed. In that room on that floor where Jungkook found her, she was already dead. That's what the doctor told us." Namjoon spoke.

Taehyung's breathing came heavy. "I-I don't believe you."

"She was also already dead when we bought her to the hospital." Namjoon added.

Taehyung immediately covered his ears and yelled at them to shut up before he collapsed on his knees and bursted into tears.

They all sat on the floor and comforted him. When suddenly...

"What?!" A voice exclaimed from the door and caused them to flinch.

Their heads turned to the owner of the voice. Their eyes widened when they saw who it was. Eunji.

Jungkook wore a shocked face. He stood up and walked towards Eunji. "Eunji? Weren't you back at your house?"

She dropped her suitcase on the floor. She stared at them, frozen on the spot and was shocked by what she had heard.

Eunji's POV

I stare at Jungkook in disbelief from what I heard just now. All of a sudden, I feel tears brimming in my eyes. "J-Jungkook? What's this I'm hearing? About Minah?"

Jungkook wipes his tears away and holds Eunji close to him. "Eunji, I'll pick up your bag and take it back to our room. Then we'll talk about this."

"What-" I utter, but then Jungkook picks up my bag, holds my hand and takes me into our room.

He opens the door and enters, placing the suitcase on the ground. He turns and faces me.

I stare at him with a hurtful expression. "Jungkook, what's going on with Minah?"

He sniffles and holds my hand. He sits me down on the bed, crouching down and gazes at me. "Eunji, what you heard back there was all true. While you were gone, Minah had gone through something so horrible."

"You said she's dead. I can't believe you said that." I speak, tearing up.

"I'm sorry, baby. She is." Then he sobs again. He leans his face on my hands and lets out soft cries.

My heart aches upon hearing his words. My heart didn't want to believe it, that my best friend is dead. My sister is gone. Tears roll down my cheek and I speak. "Wh-Who found her in that state? Tell me exactly what happened."

He gazes at me with teary eyes. With a sharp intake of breath, he proceeds and tells me his side...

_________________________________

Another update from me! 😁

Sorry my lovely readers, I had planned Minah's death since I first started this book. I kept it to myself and was quiet about it. I know how much you all love Minah, I'm sorry😭

See y'all in the next update👋