Chapter 4

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit!!

Why is Yuu and that goddamn number 11 so persistant?!

Right now is the second set. The points are 30 - 29, Karasuno in the lead.

The next rally started with a serve from Karasuno. Their captain did an upper hand serve. Yamagata-san received it then sent it to me, which I then sent to Ushijima-san, but it was receuved by Yuu.

The receuve was short but number 5 was able to connect it, sending it to their captain that passed it to our side.

Yamagata-san then received it and passed it to me.

Seconds before I tossed the ball, memories of the amount of times the spikes that I had sent to Ushijima-san and the ithers had been either one touched or received.

As the ball touched my fingers, I remembered the time when we played mix gender volleyball in elementry school, it was the finals.

Dammit, they're good. I glanced at Yuzunami, Yuu and my other teammates that were all probably thinking the same.

It was currently their set point. The final set.

The rally started with a under hand serve from ond of the girls on my team.

The opposing team received it, sending it to their setter who dumped it to our side, luckily Yuu was able to receive it, sending it to me.

I thought for a moment.

If I messed up, Yuzunami would get mad at me.

If I messed up, we'd lose.

If I messed up, it'd be my fault.

I tossed the ball to Yuzunami and-

It was blocked.

The toss was too low.

Its my fault.

The crowd cheered, Karasuno screamed in shock and what I guessed was pride.

My team stared at the place the ball had dropped with wide eyes.

My fault.

I made the same mistake.

My fault.

Twice.

I'm sorry Yuzunami.

I'm sorry Ushijima-san.

It was time for a court change and a well deserved break.

I walked over to the bench, head hung low.

Dammit. I bet Yuzunami's scolding me right now for thinking about that at a time like this.

I fucked up. I fucked up so fucking hard I cant believe I fucked up so fucking hard.

Tendou-san tried to calm me down, but I just ignored him, saying something about how it wasnt just one toss, since I was too caught up in the moment to remember what I had said.

"Dammit..." I mumbled.

Suddenly, a loud yell echoed the gym.

"Oi! Baka Ken-chan!" an irk mark appeared on my head when I heard that nickname. Only Yuzunami can call me that.

I looked up to see Yuu on the other side, hands on his hips.

He grinned, making me soften my angered expression.

"You're thinking about Yuzu-chan, aren't you?"

This made me flinch. Of course he'd know, we not only grew up together, I'd known him since he was in his mother's stomach and despite being younger, Yuu always babied me and took care of me since my parents weren't usually home.