52. You make me feel strange

"We were strange in love,
Her and I.
Too wild to last.
Too rare to break."

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

*************************************

"Wait for me." River shouted as Faye barged out of the car, almost running towards the ocean.

"Walk faster, Blake." She laughed, taking a run to the shore.

The night had already approached, making it a cold atmosphere.

Faye smiled, watching her surrounding.

There was no one there, not even the security guard that she would pass at times she visited the beach.

Except for the constant chirrups of those birds returning to their nests, the sound of the water hitting the shore, there was nothing.

She threw her heels in the sand, hugging herself.

"Its so cold in here." He said, pulling his arms closer.

"Its December, what do you expect?" She laughed, dropping near the ocean, a cold air blowing in the surroundings.

She closed her eyes and breathed in.

She had always been enchanted by the waves, the ocean, the sand.

For her, it was a work of beauty.

She was drawing circles in the sand when she felt someone sitting beside her.

"Its really cold Faye." She felt him whisper.

"Um huh." She laid her head in his shoulder, closing her eyes.

After some time, she felt herself being drawn closer, his hand around her shoulder.

She intertwined her fingers with his, giving it a small squeeze.

"I feel warm." She smiled, earning a deep chuckle from him.

They stayed like that for hours, eyes holding each other gazes, smiles that never vanished.

They looked beautiful together.

Real yet having a fairytale awaiting them.

"Let's go to the water." Faye announced all of a sudden, standing up and pulling River with her.

"No way in hell we are going. Faye, you will catch a cold. Come on, let's just sit." River pulled her back, making her chuckle.

"Come on. It doesn't matter if we catch a cold. It will be worth it." And she ran to the water, a big smile on her face.

Just as she dipped her legs in the water, she felt a shiver run down her spine.

The water was cold. And she was sure she could not be there for more than a minute or two. But somehow she started to calm down, the cold water suddenly having no effect on her.