013

Sebastian Crown

"Where were you?" The round busybody Lady asked as I stepped into the house. She had her hands crossed in front of her, making her chest look bigger than normal. How on earth she managed to walk with a chest like that is beyond me.

I glared at her, "none of your goddamn business."

She gasped glaring at me, "language young man."

I rolled my eyes at her, bending down to take off my shoes. Holding them up in my hands, I walked in. This is a complete waste of energy, I'd have walked in with my dirty shoes just to spit her but then she'd report to my mum -the neat freak- and I'll get in trouble.

While going up the spiral stairs, my mum was descending. She saw me and stopped, placing her hand on the banister as she watched me. "You went out?"

"Yes, a school party."

She grinned, "that's wonderful Seb! Finally, did you make some friends?"

I felt a strange tingle at the word 'friend', and my lips wanted to twitch up to a smile but I resisted. "I think so."

Mum clapped her hands, "oh good, what are their names and do I know their families?"

I looked up at her with a frown. "Stop." She raised her brows. "Don't do that. Don't act like we're best friends and don't behave as if everybody in the world should be rich and well known."

"Seb--"

"Just leave me be Es... Mom." I looked down at my bare feet and moved to a side, walking up.

"Gabby called, she wanted to hear from you." Mom said, her voice throaty and strained.

I suddenly felt guilty, maybe I shouldn't have talked to her like that. I just can't help it sometimes. I love her, I really do. She's my mum afterall, who wouldn't love their mum. But we're not close, in fact for some years now, I rarely see her.

And by rarely I mean, twice in a year rarely. After Dad got her a place in the movie industry, she's changed. I only see her on screens and magazine. I started seeing her more and mostly everyday after she took a break from acting and dad shipped us over here. Now she's a complete different person, no longer the cool Esther James Crown but now just Esther Crown that had her nose stuck in the air and belittled on anybody below our financial status.

Plus she's trying too hard to make herself a part of my life again and I don't know the right way to tell her that it's already too late. I'll be going off to college soon and she won't see me again. What's the point in building a mother son relationship on a crumbled foundation with no promising future ahead anyway?

I know I should be delighted that at least she's making an effort, but I'm too used to her not making an effort, changing now is just... awkward.

"Okay, thanks." I say in a much softer voice, before I ran up. On my long way to my room, I stopped by my sisters room. Peaking in, I saw that all four of them were fast asleep. Well, I'm not sure about Calista, she's the most vicious of all four. I quietly closed the door and continued the long journey to my room. What's actually the need of such a big house anyway.

While pulling off my clothes, I listened to my voicemail.

"Young man, have you finally forgotten about me? Call me ugh."

"I'm not dead Sebastian, in case you think I am"

"Its Gabby, come on, I'm in need of some gossip."

"Kiddo!"

I grinned bouncing on my bed as I called her. Now that's somebody I see as a mother and best friend.

"Kiddo? Save me."

"Sebastian! Oh Seb, it's so good to hear from you."

"I'm sorry I haven't called, I've been busy." I tell her looking up at my white ceiling and trying to imagine what she might be doing now.

"It's okay, I understand. How's school? I hope you're keeping out of trouble."

"School's great. I finally made a friend." I said sitting up and wearing a smile.

"A friend?" Gabby asked then chuckled, "well well who's the unlucky person?"

I stood up rolling my eyes, "it's a cute kid, Flynn. His name is Paxton Flynn but I call him Flynn. He's my partner in an annoying chemistry class and in detention class too. Boy is he intelligent and sharp. He talks a lot but I think that's part of his charm. Makes him look adorable and more cute. He's a klutz too and hates chlorine." I chuckled lightly. "You need to see him Gabby, I've not seen anything like him. He's the only Kid that's not afraid to talk up to me and I know I'm super annoying but somehow he deals with it. I--"

"Sebastian?"

"Yea?"

"Wow, who knew you could ramble about someone."

I smiled stopping to look at myself in the mirror. The smile looked foreign on my face. A rare thing. "There's just something about Flynn, Gabby."

"I can see that. Oh, okay maybe, I can hear that."

I heard noises from the other side and I sighed, "you've got to go?"

"Yup. But I'll call soon. Take care of yourself and your Flynn."

"My Flynn?" I asked but the line went dead and I just tsked at my reflection, dropping down the phone.

My Flynn.

That sounded good. I don't know why Paxton Flynn made me feel this way. I didn't like any of my friends at home half the way I like him. I guess I'll just have to stick around long enough to find out what's it is about Flynn that made him special.

My Flynn.

-----------------

😍