Chapter Fifty-One: Ambassador

"C'mon, it'll be fun!"

"This isn't exactly what I'd call fun, North."

She had her arm linked with mine as we walked down the busiest street in Detroit, Connor and Markus trailing behind.

"Oh, c'mon! This is the first bar to allow androids as patrons! It's a huge step for our people and who better to be there at the opening than our android — human ambassador?"

"Oh yeah, going to the bar and talking to people are two of my favourite times of the day!"

"See?!"

I rolled my eyes, a smile on my face.

I felt my stress levels rising as I noticed people murmuring, taking out their phones and snapping photos of us

I felt my stress levels rising as I noticed people murmuring, taking out their phones and snapping photos of us. It was then I heard them whispering.

"It's that girl! The one who died on tv!"

"How is she alive?!"

"Traitor!"

As we reached the bar, it became increasingly difficult to breathe as I saw news camera surround me.

"Price! Miss Price!"

"How are you alive?!"

"What are your thoughts on humans coexisting with androids?!"

I felt Connor's hand on my back, calming me down slightly as I took a deep breath.

"I know you're all very eager to ask your questions, and we are here to answer them." Markus said, standing next to me. "But Miss Price has been through a lot, so please bare this in mind."

"Markus, you're the honorary leader of the Deviants, why is Miss Price the one you chose as ambassador?"

"Tasha has always had everyone's best interests at heart. She fought for equality for our kind. Who better to continue that fight?"

"Miss Price! I know we're all wondering what happened that night."

Great, my turn.

"Uh — CyberLife had one last attempt to take down the Deviants, and that was to take control of Connor's programming to blindside us. I was able to prevent Markus from being shot, but instead I was injured in the line of fire."

"Miss Price! How did you survive the attack?"

"If it wasn't for Markus and North, I wouldn't have. They got me the help I needed, and here I am today."

As the reporters were all kicked out of the bar, Connor wrapped his arm around my waist. "Are you okay?"

I nodded, smiling slightly. "Yeah... that wasn't so bad."

"They're like vultures." North said as she took a sip of beer. "But now it's done so they'll be off your back."

"The whole world is gonna know Tasha Price, the Android — Human ambassador." Markus grinned at me.

Maybe this wasn't so bad.

Maybe I can get used to this.

Stress Level: 25%

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! Keep requesting and leaving suggestions :3 I thought I'd post this little moment tonight before the new chapter tomorrow.