CHAPTER 5

RUBY'S POV

It has been weeks since the kiss. I have never met Ellayah since then. I tried calling him but he was not answering. I felt really lonely since I have no work and Sir Joshua is not around. He went to Malaysia to have a meeting with Josè for two weeks.

I tried calling mom to beat boredom.
She was not answering too. I took my phone and scroll down my Instagram feeds. I have been following Ellayah ever since the kiss but unfortunately he haven't follow back. He recently posted a picture of himself and a girl with the caption " Its always fun when you party with twinkle💕"

 He recently posted a picture of himself and a girl with the caption " Its always fun when you party with twinkle💕"

Whats with the heart emoji? Is he in relationship with this twinkle bimbo? A sudden jelousy hit me. I was angry when he ignored me after the kiss and now seeing him with another girl makes me more angry. My face has become rigid, jaw clamped tight, teeth grinding. I was about to leave the office and talk to his lolo when my phone rings.

Without looking who was that, I pick the call and yelled "ANO?"

"Are you alright Ruby?" It was claudia.

"You sounded so mad. Whats wrong? Are you okay?" Claudia asked.

I breathe in and tried calming myself before I talked back. '' I'm just mad of something I shouldn't but I'm all alright now"

"What are you mad about? Don't stress yourself too much if we are gonna talk about work" She sounded like she was so worried.

"No its not about work.It's just.... Nevermind.'' I mumbled

"Hey, you can tell me anything. You can trust me" she said

" What do you do when your ex who you still love are currently in relationship with another girl" I didn't wanna mention everything that happened to me with Elly so I basically lied a little.

"I never knew you have been in relationship before" Claudia said.

"No uhmm I haven't, my friend is just currently going through this situation and I don't really know how to help her"

"Well, In my opinon, she should try to forget about him since he is already happy with someone else and I believe the only way to forget him is to move on. If he really loves her, he'll surely come back to her. No offence but it seems like he is not into her. She shouldn't be waiting or hoping that he'll come." Claudia said.

I was speechless. Not sure how to react. My tears immediately dropped out of sadness.

"Ruby? Are you there?" Claudia asked

"Ahh, eh-ya I was just arranging the files." I said while clearing my voice. I don't want her to find out that I was crying.

"Okay then, you should be accompanying your friend since she is not in a good mood. Help her to move on. Like bringing her to watch movies or go have a makeover. That is probably the biggest revenge of all, is to change yourself to a better you." she said.

"Yeah I think I should help her. Anyways, How is the meeting going so far?" I changed the topic trying to not think about it. Trying to forget what she said earlier and trying to convince myself she is wrong.

"Julia is now the model of our Reyes jewellery" She told me about Joshua being all weird and the trip to Malaysia. I was responding in monosyllables because I was not having it. How can he treat me like one of his slut. I thought he said I was different.

"Okay then, I got to go, see you soon Ruby. We will be back in 3 days". Claudia finally ended the call.

I sat on my table crying till 6pm. The bitter truth hurts. Claudia was right. He was not interested in me. Why am I putting so much hope that he'll come back. Why am I crying over him when he is not even mine.

I have been staying at home for almost 4 days not working afterwards. I called Sir Joshua and told him that I wouldn't make it to work because I was sick.

But the truth is I'm really heart broken. Xavier was worried with my actions. He has been going to school by his own. he'd always comes and comfort me not knowing what was the reason and at times I feel guilty for not caring about my brother. I look like a witch with my stuffed nose and messy hair.

Its the 5th day of me not going to work and Sir Joshua is getting really worried. Claudia called me to ask if I'm alright. They even wanted to visit me. I told them I'd be coming work tomorrow. I don't want them to see me like this. I look awful.

I went to work next day. I looked so pale. I tried covering my swallon eyes by wearing a transparent contact lenses and some concealer on. I still awful. I even loose some weight off. 3kg to be exact.

I walk to my office room when sir Joshua stopped me.

"Where exactly are you going?" I looked at him in confusion. I thought I was getting fired.

"Where have you been and what happened to you?" He said looking at me from head to toe.

"You can't hide that swallon eyes with make up and have you even been eating well or not?" He said.

"You are fired" he said. And I looked at him in shock.

"What?" I said.

"Yes you are fired for a week. You are going to take a break." He said while handing me an envelope.

"Whats this?" I said

"You are going to spend your one week break at Boracay. Look at yourself. You have been working so hard." He said.

"Sir, this is too much. I will be okay tomorrow." I said.

"No! I said you are fired for a week. You will be going to Boracay with your brother and you can visit your mom too in cebu" Sir Joshua is such a kind man. He always visits my mom when he have a meeting near cebu. My mom is half paralyzed. She couldn't walk. She is currently living with my elder brother Vincent. My brother and I don't get along and that is why I took Xavier along with me here in Manila. We had a major fighy once and I ran away from home bringing Xavier with me. I still remember that night. I was only 17 then and xavier was only 4.

"Sir, thank you very much"

He pat my shoulder and said " neh, don't mention it. You have been such a great assistant to me. Just think of this as a gift."