Scene | 2

It's a sunny day (colour camera). Children are playing as a breeze sweeps through and blows the grass silently. Morning dew hangs from leaves and every time a ball hits the tree (quite often), the tree shudders, and tiny drops rain to the ground. Colours swirl about, and the camera angle changes - as if it was through the eyes of someone BEN - to sit under a tree, looking out into the field. The colours suddenly come to a stop, blurring into one another until the scene is nothing but a spacious white blob. It flickers in between white and black. A boy ASHER yells for someone to pass him the ball. 

ASHER : Pass! C'mon!

Children shout indistinctly. A goal is presumably scored and a wave of reactions cross the crowd.

                  Rats!

BEN : Sorry, Asher. Maybe next time.

Ben is quiet and soft. He sounds to be about 8 years old.

The camera flickers to colour and shape and a girl DOROTHY plops beside BEN.

            Hi, Dorothy.

DOROTHY : Hi, Ben. So, I went to see Mr. Dara!

Camera flickers back to a white blob.

BEN : Good for you, Dorothy. What'd he say?

DOROTHY : He said I shouldn't moved a long time ago. But I told him the head directors never listen, and besides I have to stay with you.

BEN : You shouldn't have to.

BEN sighs and Camera flicked back to colour and shape. BEN twiddles a blade of grass in between his fingers. 

           Tell me another story, Dorothy.

Camera zooms on Dorothy, her face changing.

DOROTHY : Today, Ms. Jude taught us about India. It's a place on the other side of the globe, where it's hot and warm and beautiful. She said the air smells of spices. I mean, just imagine a place like that! There's lush fields of green forestation and rivers that supply life to thousands!

Camera shifts back to the white blob. 

BEN : Tell me about the spices. 

Camera shifts to a montage of a quiet India.

DOROTHY : The spices are red and gold and vibrant greens and - 

BEN : Dorothy....

DOROTHY : Right. 

She gathers herself.

                        The spices are soft and some are as rough as salt. The air smells of them and is heavy with moisture. In some places, there are elephants, as big as buildings, with wrinkled pockets of skin. It's really a beautiful place. When I leave here, I'll take you there, okay?

The camera changes back to the white blob. Ben voice is dreamy.

BEN : I would like to go there...

Camera shifts black.