•6•

"Alright," the general begins, crossing his arms and standing in front of both men who were now being held by the two guards. "What are you two doing sneaking around the kitchen this fucing late at night? Don't tell me your diets are so bad that you're were trying to steal some food."

Yeah, right. As if they were crazy enough to even consider doing this without a good reason, Hoseok thinks to himself. Snapping out of his thoughts, Hoseok decides this is the moment to somehow manage to convince the general of their intentions. Thus, he was the first to speak. He signals to Jin with his head. "His brother is sick," he explains. "He's sick and he needs to eat something so that he can take the goddamn medicine."

The general huffs. "So? Why isn't the doctor calling in instead of you two having to sneak out?"

"The pampered brat only eats Jin's cooking."

"Force feed him or something."

"She's tried," Hoseok challenges, now losing his patience, "But he's just barfing it up."

The general doesn't seem convinced. He just stands there, expression stoic, eyes judging the two men. Hoseok wonders if he thinks they're crazy. After a moment, the general shakes his head. "We can just put him on an IV. I honestly don't see what the big deal—"

"Please." 

The general raises a brow, gaze flickering down at the other male who now sat up straight with his big eyes practically pleading.

 "Please," Jin repeats. "He only eats what I cook." His gaze is firm. "Kick us out of the competition if I'm not telling the truth but I promise that letting me into that kitchen is the only way."  

The silence that followed was nearly suffocating. The general doesn't move a single muscle. His stony expression and stiff posture remained the same as he looks from Jin to Hoseok. It felt like an eternity before the general finally heaves a sigh, "Give me a minute," he mutters curtly before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his phone, about to dial one on his speed dial before someone came behind him.

"I'll take responsibility for it, Hyung," a new voice states.

Someone steps out of the dark, a male. Jin focuses his eyes on the new face. It's hard not to recognize those large doe eyes and boyish features from before. It was like seeing a child pretending to be an adult.

"Let him in," the prince orders. 

Uncertain and hesitant, the guards glance at each other, then glance to General Min who looks equally confused. Jungkook, growing impatient, decides to raise his voice. "Yah, did you two not hear me? Open the doors now!"

The first guard frantically pulls out a key, still grabbing hold of Hoseok by the shoulder. The second lets go of Jin, who fell to the floor in a slump. The prince reaches down and helps him up by the arm.

General Min begins to protest, "Jungkook-ah—"

"I said I would take responsibility for it," the young prince interrupts. "Hyung's in a meeting right now and it would take forever for you to reach him. According to what I heard, coming across this situation, one of the candidates is ill and regardless of the rules he is still a citizen of Korea so we have to help him in any way we can." Yoongi doesn't disguise his frown. Jungkook just ignores it.

"Kim Seokjin-ssi, right?" the younger asks, earning a nod from the elder. "Go in, I'll make sure no one bothers you."

Seokjin is grateful. Real grateful. He honestly has no idea how he can ever repay the boy for such consideration. He can think of that later though, for now, "Thank you." He bows, eyes flickering between them before he heads inside, hesitant but determined.