22.

filler...

Riley

"What?" I jerked my head back.

"Amaru, what is he talking about?" I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at him.

"Ri, that's your pops." He said, looking away from me as I glanced over to the guy who had a hopeful look on his face.

He looked just like the guy from the pictures, he looked just like my uncle Black but I still refused to believe this.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't know what's going on here but my dad died before I was even born." I explained to the man and he sighed.

"Riley, that's not true." He said, taking a deep breath.

"I'm your dad." He said, grabbing a picture from his coffee table.

"That's your mom and I while she was pregnant with you." He explained and I furrowed my eyebrows, looking down at the picture.

It was indeed my mother but that didn't mean that he was my father.

"That doesn't prove anything." I sassed and he chuckled.

"Just like your damn mother." He shook his head, opening his wallet.

He let the wallet fall open and a bunch of organized pictures came to view.

"Maternity pictures." I said more to myself as I looked away from the pictures, looking up at him.

"I never died Riley, I just had to go away for a while. Your mom didn't know and she still doesn't." He said and I just stood there, not knowing what to say.

"I lied to protect y'all." He said as I stood there, staring blankly.

He gave me a sympathetic look and anger shot through my body.

I looked over to Amaru and I shook my head.

"Take me home." I said to him, quietly.

"Ri, just-"He started.

"Take me home!" I snapped, cutting him off.

He then licked his lips and clenched his jaw, giving me a deadly stare.

"Riley, it's not Amaru's fault. I asked him to bring you here babygirl." The guy went on.

"I'm so sorry mister, I have to go. I just really need time to process this." I explained to him.

I was so confused, I had so many questions but I needed to talk to my mom.

"Let's go." I said to Amaru, making my way to the door.

"Riley." Amaru called me but I kept walking.

"She's so damn stubborn." I heard him say to the guy as I walked out of the door.

I made my way to his car and I got in, slamming the door. My breathing was heavy as I thought about what just took place.