The Fourth Part

Training?!?!? I look at Louie in utter disbelief and feel my stomach drop. "LINNNNNNEEEEE UP," Louie shouted at everyone.

I walk towards the back of the group of kids and copied the position they were in. "At Ease, " he said quieter.

He walked around us and I tried to copy what the other kids were doing as well as I possibly could. He started to chew on a toothpick. He marched and I stood and stared at the wall praying that he didn't use me as an example. For one, he'd be disappointed in the results. And also, I don't do exercise. LuCkIlY, he stopped right behind me and said, "Gimme twenty."

"Twenty what?" I asked obviously.

"Push-ups, " he said through his gritted teeth.

"I can't do push-ups, " I lied.

"I just want one, " he insisted.

I went into the women push up position and went down and up. Then I stood back up. Louie looked like he was going to have a fit and a vein was bulging out of his forehead. "What was that?"

"You never specified what type of pushup it needed to be, " I said with a shrug.

Before he could say anything someone started laughing. It's wasn't aloud belly laugh. It was the kind of laugh you let out when a joke was funny, but not that funny.  Louie walked around the people and stopped in front of Alec. He stinks eyed him and said, " Give me 50 REAL pushups boy."

I almost said aloud, " make it a hundred."

But didn't.

Alex did them easily while everyone watched in silence. Louie looked pleased and said, "This is a real soldier."

Alec just nodded and the Louie told us we needed to start some new practices with hand to hand combat. Which I was not excited about. I luckily got paired with Violet, she'll go easy on me.
I was damn stupid to believe myself. She almost broke most the bones in my body. After only ten minutes I lay on the floor with exhaustion. I took a deep breath then closed my eyes. BIG MISTAKE, she placed her foot on top of my stomach and started putting pressure down. "Don't let your guard down, " she informed.

"Just kill me already, " I practically beg.

"get up, " she took her foot off me.

I roll off the mat we were practicing on, and I stand. My hand goes to my right back pocket, as a reflex, but I realize that I no longer had my phone. I must have lost it along the way. But then I remembered I threw away my old clothes. But I wasn't about to go dumpster diving for a phone that no longer had a purpose. Then a large blow horn blared right in my ear. Louie screamed, "DINNER. DINNER."

I honestly was starting to dislike Louie. I went in line to grab my portion of food. If you've ever seen prison food, hell even school food, this is what it looked like. Basically, it was disgusting piles of things that looked like potatoes. Mashed potatoes. When it was my turn I got a plate full the mashed gunk and a roll. The boy behind me was nice and plump and said, "Keep it coming Deborah."

I sat next to Violet and Alec and the dude who eyed me on the truck. We stayed silent and I picked at the food. I stared at the dude, examining him. His hair was extremely styled for the end of the world. His brown hair seemed dyed. His skin was a fair tan and right below his left ear was a small tattoo of a dream catcher. Lastly, he had (semi-attractive) dark hazel eyes. I had realized I stared too long when he blushed and asked, "Is there something on my face?"

"No, " I mumbled and shook my head.

I start to stare back at my food. I poke at it and eventually nibble on the bread or take a small piece of the mush. Alex stared at me, "Aren't you gonna eat?"

"Not hungry, " I mumbled.

"You should eat, " he insisted.

I put my fork down. It was a sort of small slam. I stood up and said, "Can I talk to you? Possibly over there."

I pointed towards some tents and walked towards them. I knew he would follow me. "The hell is up with you?"

I asked. First, he's smooth. Then, he shows emotion for his dad. THEN, he silent. After he laughs. And now he cares about what I eat. "The hell is up with you?" he repeated.

"what do you mean?" I asked defensively.

"You've been acting so weird lately."

"You don't even know me well, how would What weird is too me?"

"How would you know what weird is to me?"

"Because you have more moods that a girl on her fucking period!!"

"look who's talking."

I cross my arms. "What are you suggesting?"

"I think you know."

I felt my face get red with anger. "Why do you care so much?"

"about you?"

"No, about the fucking zombie apocalypse shit, " I practically spat sarcastically.

"I just do, " he mumbled.

"There you go with another mood change."

"I care because I do."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I can't control my feeling."

He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. I groaned in frustration because his hair spiked and look FUCKING ADORABLE. "I just want to understand. Can't you help me understand?"

"I don't know how."

"I can help you with whatever you're going through. I understand you're going through something."

He bit his lip and stared and me. "please, I don't want to talk about this."

"Alec Page. I'm the only person you can trust here."

He stiffened at the sound of his last name.  I started to ramble on that I was the only one he could trust since we barely knew most people here. He cut me off and said, "Just, please shut up."

"what?"

"Be quiet."

I stood on my toes to make myself taller, my face was now closer to his. Finally, I said two words.

"Make me."

***************
Oofers What's gonna happen next?
I'm so tired. Pls, rate and comment.
Until next time. PEACE