Chapter 4

I get off the bus and ask the clerk where a motel is. They are most likely to let me stay then a hotel would. Plus it's cheaper. I need to save my money so every corner cut helps.

I get to the motel and I was right as long as I paid they left me alone. I paid for a week. That should give me enough time to find a job. I go to my room and took a long nice hot shower. After being on a bus for five days I needed one. After my shower I put on some pjs and crawled into bed and passed out.

I sleep for about three days. Yes I was that tired. I didn't sleep on that bus. Cat naps sure but I didn't really sleep. I get up take a shower and get dressed for the day. I step outside take in a deep breath and take off.

I walk down a couple of streets to find a place to eat. I'm starved and that can't be good for the baby. I finally come across a little diner. This town isn't that big. Good. Maybe I can stay hidden. I go in and get a booth.

"What can I get you darlin?" the waitress ask handing me a menu.

"Dr pepper please." I look over the menu and find something just as she returns.

"Thank you." I say as she sits it down.

"What can I get you to eat?" I order a club sandwich and fries. Not very healthy if you ask me but right now I don't care I want something fast. She drops my order off and serves everyone else. When my food is done she brings it to me. "Can I get you anything else?"

"As a matter of fact. Do you know any place around here hiring?"

"Well if you like the whole waitressing thing. Al is hiring for this joint."

"Really?" I ask excitedly.

"Sure I'll get you an app and interview. Hey Al." she yells. Well okay then.

"What Mabel?" Mabel really? I snicker to myself.

"I got your next employee."

"Coming." out comes a tubby old man. "Where?" he ask coming to stand beside her. She points at me. "Well you can't be no more than 16." he says looking at me.

"17 actually almost 18." I tell him.

"Ever been a waitress?"

"No but I can do it."

"Hmmm. Why aren't you in school?"

"Graduated early."

"Hmmm. You alone?"

"Yes."

"Where's your parents?"

"My parents weren't what you call parents." I tell him honestly. He nods. I'm not going to lie. It's not like I'm actually hiding anything.

"How often can you work?"

"Whenever you want me too."

"Can you stay on your feet for eight hours." I sigh heavily.

"For now I can."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm pregnant sir."

"Where's the father?"

"Well that's kinda a long story." he nods again.

"Well." he says rubbing his chin. "I suppose we could try ya out."

"Really?"

"Yeah I suppose."

"Thank you thank you." I say jumping up and hugging him.

"Yeah yeah. Don't screw up." he says patting my head. I nod.

"No sir, you can count on me." he nods walking off.

"Oh be here 5 am tomrroa." I nod.

"I will thank you." I look at the lady. "Thank you."

"Your welcome sweety." she says walking away.

I dig into my food. After I eat I pay my bill thanking them again. I leave walking around some more. I find a store so I can get my necessities. That motel shampoo and conditioner isn't going to cut it. While I'm there I starting thinking if I'm going to be on my feet for eight hours I need better shoes. I look around and find a pair that I'm hoping will work. I decide to wear them on the way home to break them in.

Once I get back to the motel I lay around and watch tv. I drift of to dream filled night. Guess who I've dream about. Yep none other than Christian. I do dream about him. Not to much but still to much for my liking. And I don't know why. They just started one night.

The next morning I get up at four am take a quick shower. Then head to the diner. When I get there Mabel and Al are already there. I go in and greet them. Then Mabel gives me an apron and shows me how to set up for the morning. I walk around with her when she serves the customers. I help out where I can then she eventually sends me out on my own.

The morning goes by fairly quickly then we set up for lunch. Mostly older people come in. I guess because the younger ones are at school or work. I stayed longer than eight hours but I was okay with it. I want to learn all I could. All I mostly did was serve coffee unless it was breakfast or lunch time. I can't say the job is easy because it is my first day. Just because I had one easy day doesn't mean the rest are going to be easy.

I haven't ran into any werewolves yet and hoping I don't. I'm not joining any damn pack. My plans are to stay away from people. I don't need drama. I just need to take care of the little one and myself. Inviting people into my life means inviting drama. Something I don't need or want. I'm perfectly happy by myself.

After work I go to the motel and collapse on the bed before I slowly get back up and take a long hot shower. I smell like food and it doesn't smell good. After my long shower I get dressed in shorts and tank top collapse on the bed watch some movies.

Next on my agenda is finding a apartment. I'll ask Mabel and Al tomorrow if they know of any. I just hope they are willing to let a 17 year old rent one. I'm not going to be any trouble. I just want to work and raise my child. Nothing more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!!