Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Julia's POV

I open my eyes and immediately sit up, looking around. Where the hell am I?

I turn to see a body lying next to me and I frown. No way did I sleep with someone in the back of their car.

Then I remember last night and remember what Max told me. I cringe. God, I am so bad at comforting people.

I open the car door and step outside, into the fresh air. I grab a stick of gum and spray myself with a tiny tester parfume that I brought with.   

It's slightly cold so I grab Max's jacket, since he is not using it, and shut the door. I go to the front of the car to sit on the bonnet.

It's so peaceful out here.

If I knew the way back I would have driven back last but I didn't and Max didn't seem in the right state of mind to even give me directions so I decided it would be better if we just left this morning.

"Hey," a raspy voice comes from beside me. I almost scream. I turn to see that it's just Max, so I shift up and he gets on the bonnet, as well.

"Can we just pretend the part where I got drunk last night didn't happen?"

I chuckle and nod. He sighs and leans back against the windscreen and I do the same. "I had fun... even when you were drunk," I say and wink.

He smiles and shakes his head. My heart almost stops. He looks so good right now. His smile. His hair. His-

No. No. No. I groan. This isn't right, especially because I know he doesn't believe in love, so if I fall for him, I'm screwed. I can't.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

I shake my head. "We should go back. We shouldn't even be here together."

This was a mistake in every way.

He likes to mess around, even if it's for a reason. He doesn't believe in love. He is supposed to be a rival and I will get into such shit if we're caught hanging out together. He's way out of my league and I'm probably just going to end up hurt.

I slide off the bonnet and get into the passenger seat. "I'll drop you a few blocks down from the school so nobody sees anything and gets suspicious," Max says as he climbs into the drivers seat.

I nod and stay silent for the rest of the ride back. I notice him glancing at me a few times, but he doesn't say anything either, and he allows the music to fill the silence.

We get back to school and we go our separate ways. I walk into my room and find Diana lying on her bed. "And where where you last night, missy?" she asks in a teasing tone.

"I slept with a guy in the middle of the forest," I say, deciding not to mention who.

"I slept with a guy in the middle of the forest is the title of your sex tape!" she shouts.

I laugh. "You have been watching too much Brooklyn Nine Nine. It's actually a pretty good title though, but no, we actually slept not 'sex slept'," I explain.

"Sounds romantic..." She smirks.

"Yeah except he was drunk and told me he doesn't believe in love so it is probably never going to happen," I say.

"Do you want it to happen?" she asks.

I shrug. "Maybe... Yeah," I admit.

~~*~~

The next morning I wake up and quickly get ready for class, taking a shower and doing a slight amount of makeup.

I leave the room, not waiting for Diana. I've realised she really takes her time - she hasn't even showered yet and class starts in a few minutes.

I wonder why it's so quiet in the halls today. Everyone is probably already in class. I don't know what kind of strange person would want to get to class early.

I smile to myself. I'm actually that person right now. I'm such a weirdo.

I walk down the empty halls and see Max with a group of his friends. I know better than to look in their direction or smile at Max. I don't want people to suspect anything - and by people I mean his friends. They definitely can't suspect anything.

I don't want to be tied to a pole and embarrassed. The only place I would be willing to be tied, is to a bed... Preferably by Max.

I hear a wolf whistle and I realise it is one of Max's friends. I turn to look at the guy. "Hey, there, gorgeous. You want to meet me tonight? Get dirty, huh?"

I frown. "Excuse me?"

"You wanna fuck? I know you're a dirty little slut."

I keep frowning and glance at Max. Is he not going to say anything? I mean it's really not that hard to tell your friend to leave someone alone, especially because he is a spinner.

I walk up to their little circle of friends, watching Max. He is smiling at the guy who was talking to me, acting as if it doesn't matter.

The guy who was talking to me and being really rude grabs me and shoves me up against the wall. I gasp. "Come on, honey. I know you're a little fat and ugly, but I don't mind. We can just cover your face with a pillow and turn the lights off. What do you say?"

I try to push him off me but he doesn't budge. "Get off me, you dick!"

"Hey, you came onto our side of the school. You know we're the dominators, what do you expect?"

"You're right, why would I expect you to be a decent human being. Get off me, pig!" I scream.

He puts his hand over my mouth. "Listen, whore, you better learn to shut your mouth or I'm going to have to shove my cock in it to keep you quiet," he whispers, his grip on me getting tighter.

My eyes widen and I try to scream again, but it gets muffled. Max is just letting this guy say these things to me? He moves his hand from my mouth. "It's probably too small to be of any use. Better off using your finger," I sneer.

He whips his hand across my face and throws me to the ground. I whimper and look up at Max, wanting to cry. "Max...? Are you not going to s-"

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" Max asks.

I stare at him, not knowing what to say. Anger and confusion and hurt fills my body. I stand up slowly and tears fill my eyes. It's like he doesn't care at all about what his friend just said to me. That's not right, even if he didn't know me he should have done something.

"My bad, I must have confused you with someone who cares," I whisper and run as fast as I can to the girls bathroom. I lock myself in a cubicle and sit down on the closed seat, covering my face in my hands.

Why me? Why did it have to be me? I wish guys like that never existed. I wish Max never existed.

~~*~~

Do any of you guys know that feeling where you want to read what happens next but then you realise it's your book and you actually have to write it first and you're just like UGHHHHJHHH IM TIRED? bc same.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG