Twin Birth

Labour was just around the corner for you. There had been ups and downs throughout the entire pregnancy. Neither you nor John had any kids yet and this was your first. You were currently getting ready to leave for the family meeting.

"Y/N, what on gods earth are you doing?" Polly scolded, grabbing the coat you were trying ever so hard to reach for.

"Sorry Pol." You apologised, putting the coast on you.

"When you need something just ask. John will have us all on death row if something happens to your or the baby." She told you.

"Ada are you ready?" You called through the house. She came down the stairs with Karl on her hip and the three of you headed over to the betting shop. On your way, a man unexpectedly nudged into you.

"I'm so s-sorry Mrs Shelby." The man stuttered.

"Fucking run." Polly glared at the man and he scurried off. She opened the door for you and you headed in.

"And the Shelby women decided to show up." Tommy puffed on his cigarette.

"I'm a Thorne." Ada groaned, she had probably said them words over a million times to her brothers.

"What's this meeting about?" You asked, taking a seat next to John.

"You shouldn't be here." John muttered, and with your hormones and emotions all over the place, you couldn't help but get annoyed at his comment.

"And why the fucks that?" You asked him.

"Family business." You could tell he wasn't in a good mood and this was fairly rare, especially with you. He never pushed you unless there was an argument - and there was certainly an argument brewing.

"And suddenly I'm not part of the family ay?" You questioned. Tommy let out a sigh, knowing not to even bother reasoning with a pregnant lady.

"Y/N, stop embarrassing yourself." John threw his glass against the wall.

"Fucking hell John, leave her alone." Arthur warned him and he stood up and kicked his chair over.

"You know what? Fuck yourself." You got up again and headed towards the door.

"You can't walk the streets on your own, especially with child." Polly shouted.

"Fucking watch me." You slammed the door. John mentally cursed to himself, he was having a bad day and didn't know how to stop himself from being a dickhead.

"Fuck." John muttered to himself. You managed to step a couple of meters outside of the betting shop when a pain in your lower abdomen stopped you from going any further. You tried to ignore it and headed straight back to your house.

"Jesus Christ." You moaned, slightly swaying. You leant against the wall in the living room and the front door opened.

"Y/N love are you here?" Polly asked.

"Poll." You called out to her. She came rushing in, along with Ada and Finn.

"The baby." You groaned, then there was a gush of water and everyone's eyes widened.

"Finn get your brother, now." You told the boy and he practically sprinted out of the door and back to where he just came from.

"Right Y/N, looks as though we haven't got much time." Polly announced, and the pain was ever so unbearable.

Finn ran as fast as he could back to the betting shop and slammed open the door.

"Ease up Finn." Arthur chuckled when he saw his younger brother completely out of breath.

"It's Y/N." Finn choked out. Johns jaw clenched and he stood up, his heart beating way faster then usual.

"Spit it out." John took his tooth pick out.

"The baby." Finn couldn't say another word to his brother because he was out the door quicker then anyone had ever seen him. It was tradition for all the men to go to the Garrison when one of their ladies were having a baby, but John couldn't bring himself to do it. He already felt bad for being horrible to you.

"Y/N!" John called out through the house. Ada ushered him through and he rushes straight down to you.

"I'm here sweetheart, I'm here." John gripped onto your hand as more contractions came.

"You're a fucking dickhead John." You groaned, squeezing his hand every time the pain hit you. He chuckled lightly.

"I know love, I know. I'm sorry." He apologised.

"Y/N, you have to push." Polly instructed. You looked at John like you had just seen a ghost.

"You've got this." He reassured you and with that you pushed with all your might. It took a couple of hard pushes until your baby was pretty much out.

"Come on Y/N, one more." And that was it. The baby was out.

"It's a boy!" Polly grinned, wrapping the crying baby up in a towel. You looked over at John with tears in your eyes and he was already crying. Then another pain hit you.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" John asked, beginning to panic. Ada was quick to take the baby from your arms.

"I feel like I'm having another one." You groaned and Polly's eyes widened.

"Twins." She muttered, getting ready for the exact same procedure all over again.

"Right Y/N, you gotta do it all over again." You knew you had to push and you did, just wanting it all to be over.

"Fucking twins." John was mind blown, shocked that you weren't just having one baby, but two. And within three minutes, your other baby was out.

"Two baby boys." Polly grinned, handing you your second son. Ada handed the baby back to John and everything was emotional.

"We just had two babies." You laughed, resting your head on Johns shoulder.

"And on our fucking carpet as well."