twenty-four

I imagine Amara as Roosmarijn de Kok (in above pic) for those wondering. She's the woman in the trailer as well! You can imagine whoever though.

AMARA

Harry was a dick.

He'd been pushing me to my limits for the past 3 hours, and I was exhausted. I hadn't got a break since the beginning, if I even thought of sitting down for a breather, he'd come and force me to keep moving. He'd been making me lift weights for an hour on end, run on the treadmill for an hour, and do some cardio for the past hour. He'd be constantly correcting me on little things that didn't even matter, just to spite me.

I was about to tear his head off.

"Amara, you need to straighten your arms," Harry took another dig at me, making me stand to my feet from my push-up position. I heard him yell at me as I walked away, passing the desperate blonde receptionist on the way out.

She was another thing that ticked me off. She'd constantly approach Harry and chat to him, their giggles and laughs making me want to collapse and pass out. I glared at her as I walked out the glass door, practically running down the street to the direction of our hotel.

I knew this would make Harry angry, but I couldn't stand to be around him and his petty comments anymore. I'd been working out my whole life, due to my parents strict rules. It wasn't like I had a six pack or anything, but I was fit for my age. Well, until the past few months. I'd noticed how lazy I was really becoming when my stomach started losing the tightness it always had and became a bit pudgy.

My determined jog was stopped upon hearing a rattle beside me, my heart falling when I realised I'd zoned out and didn't recognise my surroundings. I hadn't really seen where Harry and I were going when we walked to the gym, I was too focused on keeping up, so I wasn't sure if I was on the right track. The street was strangely deserted, making me alert and anxious.

"Are you lost?" I jumped as a gravelly voice sounded from next to me, a rough looking man leaning against the brick wall of a building. I shook my head as my palms started getting clammy. I was about to turn and walk away from him, until a calloused hand tugged my arm back.

I screamed loudly as I realised nobody was around, thrashing my hands around desperately. His strong grip remained on me, his hips digging into mine as he pushed me into the brick wall. I swallowed my tears as he smirked at me, his pupils dilated. It was obvious he was on something, but I couldn't examine very closely before he pushed his face to mine, attaching our lips.

I brought my knee up as it slid between his parted legs, smashing into his crotch. I managed to free myself when he doubled over, sprinting down the street from where I came from. I hoped Harry was still at the gym, because I had no idea how to get to the hotel.

My head whipped to look behind me as I ran frantically, falling back when I collided with a person.

"You have some nerve-Amara?" Harry's voice softened as he said my name, my hands clinging onto his t-shirt as I looked behind me a second time. "What happened?"

"A guy-there was-he," I stumbled over my words, gasping for air as I looked back and forth between Harry and the streets behind us, waiting for the man to appear.

"Amara, slow down," Harry's hands landed on my shoulders, pushing them to face him. His eyes searched my face and body for any indication of physical injury, sighing in relief when he found none.

"You!" I screeched when a loud voice boomed from behind me, recognising it as the sleeze from before. My body was pushed behind Harry before I could even notice, my vision being blocked by Harry's broad shoulders.

"Who are you?" Harry spat, his body towering over the mans as he approached us.

"She kicked me in the balls!" The man yelled angrily, my hand fisting Harry's shirt from behind.

"She probably had a reason to."

"I just wanted some fun, you'd understand, wouldn't ye?" The man directed the attention onto Harry, who laughed loudly as a result. There wasn't any amusement in his laugh, my hand detaching from his shirt as he took a step closer to the man.

"I can't say I do understand," Harry's voice became lower, if possible, as he neared the man. The confident man only smiled widely, his hands flying around as he worked to explain it.

"So, you're telling me, if you could, you wouldn't want to fuck-"

The man was interrupted as Harry's fist connected with his jaw, his body falling to the concrete in a heap. He was out cold, and my eyes widened as Harry pulled his gun out, aiming it to the unconscious man.

"Harry!" I rushed to him before he could pull the trigger, grabbing his bicep to turn him away from the body. "Lets go back, yeah?" Harry nodded his head at me, lowering his gun as we walked in the direction of the hotel.

I grew suspicious as Harry didn't put his gun back to its hiding spot, my body turning when a gunshot echoed down the quiet street. My hands flew to my mouth as I stared at the curled up body far away from us, a pool of blood now surrounding the man from earlier. Harry lowered his arm, tucking the gun away, before continuing to walk as if he hadn't just killed a man.

My mouth opened and closed, unable to form a sentence as I strolled behind him. It hasn't been the first time I'd seen someone killed, but seeing Harry do it made me squirm.