CHAPTER 6

ELLAYAH'S POV

"Joshy bro, whats up?"

"Great, Julia's birthday party was lit. You missed it" he said. Julia is Joshua's younger sister and she is such a sweetheart and really kind. I didn't came to the party because I was avoiding Ruby. I just don't want to see her.

"too bad I was really busy'' I lied.

"You are always busy, you wouldn't have come to my office today if I didn't force tita to bring you here, whats up with you lately"

Its true that mama forced me to come by to pass Julia's gift. Luckily Ruby was not in her office room when I walked by.

"I am just really busy bro"

"Everyone is so stress with their jobs. Even my assistant Ruby, she was stress with her friend who got heart broken. She took 5 day off and when she came back her eyes were swallon, her face were pale and she loose weight too" Joshua complained.

She was crying? Why? Since when she got a friend?.

"Who is this Ruby's friend that is bothering her?"

"I don't know, she was asking advices from claudia. She was asking something like... what to do when a guy she loves got into a relationship with others.... I don't really know but it was something about heart break."

She is making up some stories. What does it have to do with her having 5 days day off.

"Where is she? I can try talking to her''

"I let her have a week of break at boracay, she need a break from work and everything" Joshua said while drinking his coffee.

I have a feeling that it could be my fault too. A part of me felt really guilty. I went back home and tried calling Ruby. Unfortunately it was unreachable, it seems like she blocked me. I went on Instagram because I remembered she followed me but I was not following her back, I was trying to ignore her.

"Okay I followed her back na" I went to stalk her to see if she is doing okay.
She only have a pic with her brother Xavier. She haven't posted anything recently. I even tried dm-ing her. She wasn't replying. I don't know if she is online or not. I went to my Following notification to see whether she liked anyone's picture. Turns out she did liked Marian Rivera's selfie 2mins ago. That is when I knew she was mad at me.

"Nakakabwisit naman" I said in frustration. She is ignoring me! How dare she.

I sat on my sofa thinking ways to reach her.

/Thing/

My notification bell rings and I stood up in excitement to see what is it. I was all smile to see Ruby posted something on Instagram. I opened and saw her standing backwards with her white shorts and bralette with the caption "forget the ones that forgets you🌸"

"Anong forget forget? Tinatawagan nga kita, binlock mo naman ako, dinirect message nga kita, hindi mo naman ako pinansin, sungit ka lang talaga Ruby!" I said while looking on my phone.

"Aham!" Somebody was making sounds from the back.

"Hahaha, you look stupid talking to yourself" Akshaya came by to visit.

"Oh hey, uhmm haha yea, I was just uhm" I was not sure what to say

"Are you falling in love?" She asked while widdening her eyes.

"No!! Hindi ah! You know I don't do love" I said confidently

" I heard you said... sungit ka lang Ruby!" She said while mimicking my reaction I did earlier

"No I did not say Ruby, you're deaf. Don't talk to me! I have a lot to think!" I said trying to avoid this topic.

"Asus, tsk tsk somebody is in love" Akshaya said while twirling around like an idiot to pissed me off

"Shut up Aky" I said while pulling her phone from her.

Dialing Ruby

"Hello?" I finally hear Ruby's voice after a month of hell

"Anong hello? You are ignoring me! What did I do?" I said in anger

"Ask twinkle or star or the sky whoever the girl you are currently dating" she said

"Oh that is why you got mad? Twinkle is a famous singer in the Reyes bar. I was just using her to promote the bar" I said. Its cute to see Ruby getting jelous

"I don't care!"

"Hey hey don't cut the call please" of course she wouldn't listen. She ended the call and blocked Akshaya too.

"See what you did? You made her block me you fool" Akshaya said. She was angry with me.

I sighed and left not caring about Akshaya. I knew she'd forgive me but Ruby won't.

 I knew she'd forgive me but Ruby won't

I keep looking at the picture. She got a nice tan, a perfect petite body and beautiful wavy hair. Although I was hoping she'd post a selfie like that. I even commented on her pic " I still remember you my beautiful princess"

What is wrong with me? This is not the usual Ellayah. I have never been so worried about a girl I have date before. I felt like wanting her to be with me 24/7. The past few weeks was hard. I keep seeing her in everywhere I go. Im going insane. I couldn't forget about the kiss and since when I care about someone's virginity?

I think Maybe Akshaya is right. Maybe I am in love with Ruby? Do I?