Best Friends

All your life. All your life you had known and been involved with the Shelby's. Not for the fact you were desperate to get in one of their pants, but because you had grown up with them.

Being the exact same age as John, instantaneously you were best friends. Nothing more and nothing less. He'd kill if anyone hurt you and you sure as hell wouldn't stand back if another women tried to break him.

With that, you were taken into the Shelby family like a sister. Your family, were dead and had been for years.

"And why's she ere?" You pointed at Johns new girlfriend. You weren't jealous of the girl, you were protective of your best friend.

"It's called a family meeting Y/N." John replied, lighting his cigar.

"The last time I checked, one of the whores you picked up from the street weren't part of the family." You received a gasp from the girl sat on the stairs.

"Shut your fucking mouth Y/N before I cut your lips off." John threatened, but he didn't scare you - he never had.

"She ain't wrong." Polly invited herself into the conversation and you smirked knowing the family would always take your side over some girl. Johns jaw clenched in anger.

"Why does everyone hate me John?" The poxy voice asked. You hadn't even got to know her name and she was already on your killing list.

"Darling, everyone hates everyone around ere." You chuckled.

"That's it!" John shouted, grabbing you by the arm and taking you outside.

"Get your hands off me Shelby. You know why I'm like this." You shrugged him off of you and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Fucking hell Y/N, you chase off every single girl I want. Look I'm sorry no man wants you, but every girl around here wants to be mine, so fuck off." He demanded. You couldn't lie, that one stung.

"You wanna know why no man wants me John? Because I'm seen around you too much and they're too scared to come anywhere near me. I'll be out of your hair for good mate. In fact, I'll be out of Small Heath by the morning." You shouted, finally letting your anger out.

"Y/N don't be stupid-" He began but you walked off.

"Sorry, can't hear you over all the shit coming from your mouth!" You bellowed, walking out of sight and towards the Garrison.

"Harry pour me five." You demanded, opening the door to the pub with your foot, everyone silenced.

"Yes Miss." He grabbed out five glasses and poured straight whiskey into all of them. There was no doubt that within seconds they were gone. It didn't take the Shelby brothers much longer to find you though.

"There she is." Arthur called out and you slammed your head against the bar.

"Give me five more Harry." You groaned. Then a presence was felt beside you and it was of course John.

"Come to say you're sorry? Or come to insult my life just a tiny bit more?" You asked him sarcastically and he bit his lip. Something he did when he got anxious or felt guilty.

"I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean it. Plus, whoever you say isn't good for me, I know isn't good for me. You're my best fucking friend Y/N, you can't go leaving me ere on my own with them idiots." He joked making you crack a smile.

"I suppose I'm sorry too, ya know, for pushing another lass out the way." You told him and she shook his head.

"No you're not. Now let's drink these and forget I said anything." He chuckled, giving you a hug.