[11] Ezra: "Fuck You, Heart."

Ezra Harland's PoV:

After Nyah washes up in what's my room—in the second floor—whenever we stay over at this house, she comes out, closing the door shut with a silent click behind her. Her chocolate hair flies around her in slow motion when she quickly turns around, falling back into its exact place a moment right after.

Man, she takes my breath away even while closing doors.

The red strapless dress she has on clings to every single curve provocatively, the material flowing over her like molten silk. It swishes and refolds itself around her with every move she makes, moulding itself to her like the material was literally in love with her creamy-soft skin, too.

Yes, I know it's that soft because I got to touch her. Yay, for me. I know.

'Yeah, right. It was like two seconds.' My Wolf barks, and I have to agree with him because it's true.

I can't do anything about it, either. Karma is definitely a bitch because all those times I interrupted Seneca and Micajah's romantic moment is now biting me back in the ass.

If I'd been forewarned of the consequences, I'd have been as discreet as a mother-effing chameleon in the woods.

'Cause then maybe the universe wouldn't conspire against me to ruin my barely-there romance.

"Ready to go?" I smile, hoping like hell to break this huge iceberg of awkwardness between us.

"Yeah." Nyah exhales, "I have to find Alessia. Thanks for helping me out—"

"Whoa, wait. Not so fast." I interject, raising my hands, "I'm coming with you to find her."

"Um, you are?" She looks super confused now, with her nose all scrunched up and eyebrows wrinkled in a cute manner.

My Wolf just went 'awww'.

I kinda did a little, too.

"Yes, this is a huge house and there are a lot of people. In this sea of perfume and pheromones, I'm sure it's almost impossible to track her scent either and obviously if she would respond to you through the tele-link, you wouldn't be so worried. So, all this equals to . . ." I raise my eyebrows for emphasis, shrugging, "You could definitely use some help."

Nyah is silent for a moment, scanning my face carefully. She looks more wary than suspicious, if you ask me. The difference is minute, but I'd say that's a big improvement. Finally, she nods a little bit. "Yeah, I guess I could. Thanks."

"Pleasure to lend a hand to the Alpha." I grin, doing a slight bow, making her press her lips together to control a chuckle, no doubt.

Yes, mission accomplished.

"M'lady." I do a sweeping gesture in the direction of the stairs, and Nyah shakes her head as if to say without words that my antics were absolutely ridiculous, making me chuckle and follow her with a skip to my steps.

This girl really is messing with my head.

~

After twenty minutes of exploring every inch of the first floor, we'd come up empty and gone back down to the ground floor, where she was still nowhere to be found. Finally, we'd found Alessia Clarke in the middle of a heated game of beer pong in the basement.

Yikes, this woman is damn competitive.

We hadn't gotten to see much, though. Just as we'd stepped closer, Alessia'd thrown her last shot, landing it clearly and making the other team go 'boo'. Alessia and her partner, some blond guy, high-five and fist-bump and do a whole lot of complicated hand-shake thingys as they whoop and gloat over their victory.