Chapter Sixty-Seven: You Found Me

Connor's eyes surveyed the broken branches by the wooden bridge that crossed the river.

She was here.

He used his mind palace, focusing on the moments before his arrival where a person had walked down the path at a quick pace.

Tasha.

Connor walked at a brisk pace, following the tracks that led him to a gated area that gave easy access to view the river up close.

Where did you go?

Connor analyzed the area, noting the indents in the gate where Tasha must have grabbed onto. They were sunken in and partially broken, and with that he was able to find residue of her DNA littered across the area, forming a path to her most recent location.

Connor's LED turned bright red as he neared the bench that the trail led to. The bench was dripping with blood — purple blood.

Tasha?

"No!"

Connor followed the trail of blood smudged on the ground that lead into the bushes nearby, his heart practically lurching out of his chest when he saw Tasha's body limp and covered in her own blood.

"Tasha!"

Connor ran to her, his arms automatically holding her as he analyzed her entire being, trying to find the cause of the blood.

"Tasha! Wake up! It's me! It's Connor!" He called out to her, her body storing slightly in his arms.

"Tasha, please. You have to get up."

"Connor?"

Tasha's eyes slowly opened, just barely, and her green eyes met his worried brown ones. He could see fear in her eyes — an emotion he hadn't seen from her in a long time.

"It's alright, I got you. You're safe."

Tasha shook her head, blood slowly dripping from her nose, "It hurts, Connor

Tasha shook her head, blood slowly dripping from her nose, "It hurts, Connor."

"I know it hurts now, but it'll be okay, Tasha. Hank's looking for Kamski — I'm sure he can help. You just have to hold on."

"Tasha, you need to calm down

"Tasha, you need to calm down." Connor tried soothing her, "I'm here."

Tasha's eyes slowly closed, and once again Connor was left holding the love of his life, fearing for her.

"Connor — Connor I found Kamski! Where are you, have you found —"

"Hank! You have to get here, now!" Connor relayed the location, lifting Tasha into his arms as he walked towards the street.

"What happened?! Look, there's checkpoints all throughout the city due to the shooting —"

"Tasha is dying, Hank! You need to get here now!"

"What?" Hank was silent

"Hank! Where is Kamski?!"

"He's right here! We're coming okay?"

"Tell him we need O negative human blood and thirium — I don't know what's happening. You have to hurry!"

I won't lose you again.

A/N: thank you so much for reading! Leave your comments, suggestions and prompts for me to write into the story :3 Thanks to you alllll I have lots of ideas for future plot lines, sadly still have writers block but don't fret, this story is far from over :) we got lots of time together still