Chapter 3-1

DATE
November 6th, 2038
TIME
15:02:05
LOCATION
Chicken Feed Food Truck

"Yes, I won't be in class....again...." I explained to my professor over the phone. The conversation continued as we parked somewhere. "I work at the DPD, sir. Of course-"

I stopped as they hung up on me and I sighed. "I should've signed up for online classes" I mumbled as the car was silent for a moment. "Are you hungry, D?" Hank asked as I nodded. "Mhm...although I haven't ate here in a long time..." I said, getting out of the car and walked across the highway to the food truck.

Hank was talking to somebody on the side as I was ordering. "Ooo, large fries and a medium coke, please?" I said as nodded and was making the fries. I looked over my shoulder and saw Connor walking across and over towards my direction.

"Hi" I turned around and slightly smiled. He slightly smiled and then looked at Hank, scanning them. "I'd leave them be" I simply said as I grabbed my food and walked over to the tables. "Can I ask you a personal question, Dahlia?" Connor asked as I raised an eyebrow. "I'm not fond of personal questions....but, sure, ask away" I said.

"Just out of curiosity, have you ever work with Cyberlife before?" He asked as I slightly frowned, but didn't show it. "No comment" I took a bite out of my fries. "Is their anything you want to know about me?" He asked as Hank walked over to our table with his food. "Why did they make you look goofy with that weird voice?" He asked as I coughed on my drink, trying not to laugh.

"Cyberlife androids are designed to work harmoniously with humans. Both my voice and design were specifically designed to facilitate my integration" Connor explained as I nodded. "Interesting" I said, stuffing fries in my mouth. "They fucked up" Hank mumbled, eating his burger.

"Why do you both hate androids?" I stopped eating as he asked that question.

"I have my reasons" Hank said as I didn't answer, drinking my soda. "What about you, Dahlia? Do you hate androids?" Hank asked as I shook my head, then he asked another question.

"Then why didn't you want to work with us?" He asked as I sighed. "I have my reasons" I said as he frowned, then I continued, getting us off the topic. "What do we know about the Deviants right now?" I asked.

"They don't really feel emotion, they just get overwhelmed by irrational instructions, leading to unpredictable behavior" Connor explained as we both nodded. "Emotions always screw everything up....maybe Deviants are like humans. Have you ever dealt with one before?" Hank asked as Connor nodded.

"A couple of months ago. One was threatening to jump off a roof with a little girl" He said as I held a finger up. "I heard of that one. He was sadly about to get replaced, so I guess he got upset over it..." I sighed as Connor nodded and continued. "At the end, I managed to save her"

"Okay, I guess you've done your homework. Know everything there is to know about me and D?" He asked as Connor paused for a minute, then nodded.

"I know you graduated top of your class...making a name for yourself, you became the youngest lieutenant in Detroit. Although, you've received disciplinary warnings in recent years and spent alot of time in bars" Connor said as he nodded, then he turned his head towards me.

"However, I can't find much on you, Dahlia. It's like nobody knows anything about you. Why is that?" He asked as I shrugged.  "I guess if you want information about me...it'll be very difficult to find" I said, throwing my food in the trash bin. "I'll be in the car if you need me" I walked to the car, gotten in and sighed.

Now isn't the time for things to be revealed yet

*3rd Person POV*

"Talk. What do you really know about her?" Hank asked Connor, curiosity being very evident in his voice.

"Well, there's two files on her, but I can't confirm or deny if there's any resemblance on the two...." He paused, for a minute, then continued. "I just got a report on a suspected deviant, just a few blocks from here. I'll let you finish your meal" He walked away and gotten back in the car, with Dahlia listening to her music and staring out of the window. He thought for a moment, then decided to ask her a question.

"Dahlia, I must ask..." He paused as she took an earbud out and nodded. "Did you....ever run away from home?" He asked as she turned her head towards him and shook her head. "No. Weird question. Why do you ask?" She asked as he shrugged.

"I don't know. It would make sense if I can't find any records on you" He paused as she glanced away, sighing. "My records were wiped clean after an incident happened...." She said, then turning back around and putting her earbud back in her ear.

Hank later came back into the car and played some music, driving off to their destination.