Chapter 3-2

DATE
November 6th, 2038
TIME
15:30:00
LOCATION
Apartment Complex

We walked around the hallway of the apartment complex, trying to find the room. "Does anybody live here?" I questioned as Connor shook his head. "Nobody should be living up here, but the neighbors said that they heard strange noises in this area" He explained as Hank groaned. "If people keep complaining about strange noises, we might need more people in the department" Hank said as I sneezed and looked at the floor. "Is that a pigeon feather?" I frowned, and sneezed again.

"Yes. Why?" Connor asked as we made it to the room that the Deviant was in. "Fuck. I'm allergic to pigeons" I covered my face with my jacket as Connor knocked on the door, but nobody answered.

"Stay back" Hank pulled his gun out and pushed us behind him. "Got it" We both said as he busted down the door and stormed in, seeing a bunch of pigeons flying around the room.

"What the fuck is this shit?! Fucking pigeons!" Hank cursed loudly as we proceeded to investigate the room, causing me to sneeze....alot. We bagan our investigation as I started my investigation in the bathroom.

"rA9...." I mumbled and looked at all of the writing all over the wall. "Written 2471 times. Same sign Ortiz's android wrote all over the bathroom wall" Connor said as I nodded, walking out the bathroom and into the kitchen area.

"His name is Rupert Travis...although, I can't say for sure. The drivers license is fake, but the initials on his jacket is R.T" I explained and walked around some more. "Least we didn't come for nothing!" Hank yelled out as Connor founded a book in the wall.

"What's that?" I asked, looking over his shoulders. "A notebook....but indecipherable" He explained as I noticed a paper on the ground, kneeling down and picking it up. "Hey, do any of you know anyone with the initials 'DHA'?" I asked as Connor looked over my shoulder as he helped me up.

"No. I'll look over it when we leave" He took the paper and put it in his pocket. "Okay" I said and continued looking around.

May I add that giving that paper to Connor was a huge mistake?

After a few minutes of looking around and Hank getting impatient, he was ready to leave. He was about to call out to us both, but I held a finger up and looked up at the hole on the ceiling. "Can you get me a-"

Someone jumped from the roof and collided into me, making us both fall. "Ouch...." I mumbled as the android, or Rupert looked at me for a moment, then picked me up and ran out with me in his arms. I screamed so they could hear me.

"What are you waiting for? Chase it and get Dahlia back!" Hank yelled out as Connor was running towards us. Rupert managed to jump all the ledges and avoided crashing into other people or object......while holding onto me. Hank later came into sight, ready to tackle Rupert.

"Hank!" I called out as Rupert bumped into him, making him fall off and grab onto the ledge. "Stop! Let me go!" I tried getting free, but Connor was still chasing Rupert and ran to a ledge.

I will admit, I was slightly scared, but I think he knew who I was. "Please save me, Deviant Protector" He said slightly as Connor caught up to us.

"Please, I've done nothing wrong. You know what they'll do if they'll turn me in..." He said as I looked at Connor and shook my head. "Model 874 004 961. Serious malfunction has been detected in your software, including class 4 errors. You have been deemed defective and will be sent back to Cyberlife for deactivation" Connor stated in a monochromatic tone as I looked around.

"Where's Hank? Did you save him?" I asked as Hank finally caught up to us. He was sincerely pissed off as he held on to me tighter. "Don't you fucking move or hurt her..." Hank said as he turned around and slapped Connor.

"Well damn" I mumbled and watch the scene unfolding before me.

"You fucking bastard. You saw I was going to fall and you'd rather let me die than fail your damn mission!" He yelled, clearly angry. "I had to make a choice. It seemed..."

"What am I to you? A statistic? A 'zero' or 'one' in your fucking program...huh?" He paused, then continued. "Is that how you see humans, you bastard?" He walked over to where Rupert was at.

"Let her go" He said as Rupert backed up. "No" was all he said as I tried to break free. "No no no no no no no no!" His grip gotten tighter and placed me on my feet, still holding onto me. "Just back away from the ledge..." I said as he still was going towards the ledge.

I managed to break free from his grip, but he fell and grabbed on to my wrist, making me fall with him. I somehow managed to grab onto the ledge as he held on tightly to my wrist. "Shit!" I cursed as my grip was getting lose. "Please save me...don't let them take me away, Deviant Protector..." Rupert kept mumbling as I tried to tighten my grip.

"Goddammit, help me out, somebody!" I yelled out as Connor grabbed onto my hand and pulled me up.

After he pulled me up, Rupert let go of my wrist and fell onto a car. I put both feet on the ground and breathed out, looking down. "Are you okay?" He asked as I slowly nodded and looked at the body that landed on the car.

"Holy shit, are you okay?!" Hank shoved Connor aside and hugged me tightly. I hugged back, slowly calming down.

I can't tell him, not yet...

"Should we get going now?" Connor spoke as I let go and nodded. "Sure. I bet I can still make it to my class. Better late than never" I asked, walking away as Hank mumbled something, but I didn't hear him.

"I have a quick question, if you don't mind..." I glanced at Connor as he looked back at me. "Why did you choose to catch Rupert instead of saving Hank?" I asked. "You saw him fall, but you-"

"I always accomplish my mission, Dahlia. If I didn't catch the Deviant, he would've gotten away...." He paused as I looked at him, dead in the eye. "However?" I asked.

"You have some sort of connection to these Deviants, and I'm going to find out" He asked before speed walking off. I stopped dead in my tracks, sighing before continuing and making it to Hank's car.