Argument

The Derby races were on. You knew that meant family business and most certainly, you knew someone was bound to die. That didn't matter. John had left you at the bar, alongside your best friend while you waited for the races to be over.

One thing that did catch your eye was Lizzie Starke. She had come into the room a little shaken up and a couple of bruises arching up her neck.

Truth was, you never liked her. Especially over the period of time that John was head over heels for her. He even proposed to her, but he ended up marrying you. You weren't at all a whore like she was.

"What do you think happened to her?" Y/B/F/N asked, sipping on her fine wine as you two watched from afar.

"Tommy dragged her into business she couldn't handle." You sighed, taking a drag of your cigarette.

"Husband at four o clock." She jolted you out of your thoughts when you saw John and Arthur come waltzing in. Your first thought was that John was going to come over to you, but clearly something in his pea size brain made him forget that this is where he left you.

"Keep your calm Y/N." Your best friend reminded you, seeing how annoyed you were at John sitting next to Lizzie and getting awfully close to her.

"What happened to you?" John asked her and she looked away from him.

"I fell over." She lied. It was obvious what had happened to her.

"Don't fucking give me that." Was John's response. He was being awfully protective over the girl. She didn't say anything and he wrapped his arms around her. He then grabbed her chin and made her look in his eyes.

"Ten pounds to kiss!" You shouted, throwing your glass to the floor and shattering it.

"Hey miss, you have to pay for that." One of the barmen scolded you. Johns she's averted to yours alongside Lizzie's and Arthur's.

"I don't care." You muttered. You were quick to try and walk away.

"Y/N where the fuck are you going?" John asked, not moving from his seat next to the whore of Small Heath.

"Anywhere that I don't have to see my husband doing that, with someone like that." You ushered to Lizzie and then scurried off. You didn't really know your way around and you certainly didn't make it very far when John caught up to you.

"Why are you being so aggy for?" He asked, cornering you so you couldn't go anywhere.

"Oh I don't know. Let me think. The slag you were once meant to marry just allowed my husband to aimlessly flirt with him in front of me." You scoffed.

"Don't call her that." John replied sharply.

"What do you want me to call her John? You want me to call her a saint? Cause she sure as hell ain't that." John slammed his hand against the wall behind you.

"Will you just fucking shut up Y/N? You ain't got no right to call her that. As if I flirted with her, I barely talked to the girl." He lied and you could tell because he wasn't looking you in the eye.

"I married a Shelby not a fucking liar." You shoved him out the way and walked off. Once again, he chased after you and stopped you from going anywhere.

"I lied. Yes I talked to her, but she just got hurt bad. Y/N." He admitted, scratching the back of his neck.

"I get that John but it hurts when you have to see your husband talk to the girl who he was once engaged to." You sighed and he chuckled at you.

"Sweetheart, once engaged is past tense. Right now, I'm married to you and that's all I want." He admitted, placing his lips to yours.