Ch. 9

When I catch my breath I sit up looking at the clock on the bedside table. "We have to get going." I say, tapping his shoulders. He's laying completely on top of me, not moving. "You alive?" I ask, when he doesn't respond.

"What do we have today?" He questions, still refusing to budge.

"We have a bunch of things to go over, I need to send the proposal to the board for further review and you need to meet with the state commissioner regarding zoning permits." I tell him. He shifts and I suck a breath feeling the tug of his member still inside of me.

He moans as he flips down beside me. "Did that hurt?"

"No, I'm fine. Other than the fact I can't feel my legs. Now, go get dressed."

He nods and stands up, giving me a view of his muscular butt. "Well, that explains why you're such a tight ass." I mumble, earning a chuckle.

    He grabs his pants and leaves the room and I walk to the shower. I make it quick and get dressed in record time knowing he'll be here soon to leave for the office. I pull back my hair into a low bun and grab my briefcase and purse. As soon as I reach the door it opens to an impeccably dressed Alix.

    At the office it's business as usual and we get everything that we need to have done throughout the week without incident. However, once we leave for the night its a different story. I'm not sure what is going on with our relationship, but it seems to revolve around sex.

I've been getting looks from him during work hours that I can't for the life of me decipher. Then at night he's like a different person, I know exactly what he's thinking at all times. At this point I've come to the conclusion that I don't mind what we have going on. I like being with him in bed. Never once has it been awkward or uncomfortable. Maybe this is the type of relationship I need right now... Ugh, I hate that I used the word, relationship. This is the type of arrangement I need in my life right now.

    I might've felt beholden to him when he saved my parents house, but that's not why I'm continuing to sleep with him. Its not that I don't want to eventually settle down with the right guy, but life is too short and I'm not stupid enough to convince myself that Alix is that guy.

    I'm focused on my career right now and my family. Alix is filling a void for me and I seem to be doing the same for him. I do worry about what will happen when he want's to stop. Not that I think it will effect our working situation, we are both logical level headed people. However, it might irk just a little to know he doesn't want me anymore.

    I have told myself a million times its going to end soon and its helped a lot. Making sure I'm aware at all times that it's just a temporary thing. I'll enjoy it while it lasts and move on when its over.

We've made it to Friday, six days! Surprising even me. That is a pretty good indication that we're on the same page, not once has it been needed to be discussed. There have been some arguments. Like the protection debate, He has been useing condoms but we've been unprotected 3 times and I don't want to slip up anymore. I'm going to the doctor in two weeks. That's the earliest we can get back to New Jersey so I can see my personal gynecologist.

    Now we are waiting for his family to show up and go over some business plans. There is a knock on the door, just as I get up to answer it a man comes in. This is definitely Alix's brother. "Wow." I mutter under my breath in amazement. They are so strikingly similar, its shocking.

Even the way he walks is exactly like Alix. "Hello, I'm Braxton." He says, introducing himself. He smiles pleasantly. Definitely a charmer.

Braxton has an easiness about himself that Alix lacks. "Hi, I'm Sam." I reply, shaking his outstretched hand.