TIAN (Iselen P.O.V)

Standing still next to Naomi I look in disbelief at Ruby and her former mentor, or whatever this short and rude guy is, while they talk and laugh. Actually everybody around me is chuckling as if the situation were perfectly normal. The Sorceress seems to notice my discomfort and she gets closer, placing her hand on the back of my waist before pointing at the old man.

- Iselen, babe, this is Tian: vampire, astrologer, healer, sorcerer, foul-mouthed and irreverent. His excuse is that, when you reach his age, you've earned the right to say whatever you want without beating around the bush; however I met him 300 years ago and he wasn't that old but already had the habit of saying the wrong things at the worst possible moment. Don't let him fool you, he's a good man deep inside.

- Who? Me? No way! – Tian answers pretending to be offended – Darling, I'd advise you to leave this depraved vampire and run away with me in search of adventure but I'm afraid that fate has played a dirty trick on you and now you're stuck with her forever – the old man winks at me and then looks at Ruby with undeniable affection, belying his own words. The sound of the carts arriving with our luggage interrupts the lively conversation.

- I'll show you your rooms where you can rest for some minutes and change your clothes before dinner. This way, please – Akira points at a corridor that goes deep into the house and Naomi decides to come with us while she keeps petting Lucifer.

- Come on old man, let's see if we can swipe some food from the kitchen to nibble on before dinner.

- You know that I really like you Keiji... - they both vanish in the other direction while Koji rolls his eyes hard before following them.

- You must excuse us, we're usually more... formal , but when Tian is around everything becomes totally uncontrollable – Akira assures me while we walk through the corridors.

- That's the euphemism of the century – Ruby whispers and they both laugh. Naomi looks at me and makes a gesture of exasperation before explaining me some things that are actually useful.

- The house may seem a labyrinth but the layout it's pretty simple. The main building is the central axis and two symmetric wings are placed both sides in a way that the whole complex looks like a big U with the garden in the middle and around. These're your rooms: the biggest one is the living room/bedroom, mattress and duvets are inside those little cabinets, this little room can be an office for Ruby or your dining room, this sliding door heads to your little private garden with a pond and the bath house is right here. Anything you need, all you have to do is ask to our staff.

- As I've told you before furniture is portable here – our friend Koji is casually leaning on the doorframe while eating an apple – If one day you fancy eating on the veranda overlooking the garden, they can set you a table and cushions to sit down on the hardwood floor in less than a minute.

- Ruby – Akira seems to hesitate for a moment before talking again – I'd love to offer you one of our...

- Suppliers – Koji cuts him off while smiling at me.

- That's it... suppliers. But I guess you don't need them thanks to Iselen.

- Thanks, I really appreciate it, but you're right: she's all that I need – The Sorceress puts her arm around my waist while Akira stares at us with curiosity.

- You're lucky... I've only seen two couples like you in all my centuries of life; you're an oddity. Anyway, I'll leave you to settle in. Here they're your trunks... - four servants are arriving carrying all our stuff and Naomi gets closer to put Lucifer in my arms again. They all leave our rooms quietly before Koji slides the wooden and paper door to close it.