3: Assassination

Chapter 3: Assassination

"Miss-"

Jing Xuan gave Mimi a glare, before she shut her mouth and changed the way she address her.

"Young master, we will reach the army camp before nightfall." Mimi reported what the soldiers had said.

"Good. First I've got to start training my body." She mumbled to herself.

As nightfall came along, they parked the carriage by the side and rode on their horses towards the campsite. During the week, Jing Xuan practiced horse riding countless times so that she'll be able to ride a horse when they headed for the stationary camp.

"Yu." She said, as she pulled on the horse rein to stop the horse and swiftly got off. She cupped her hands as she bend forward.

"I am General Mu's nephew, we are here to train with the army. Please report to the lieutenant."

"Wu Yi, report to the lieutenant." The soldier quickly left to report while the other soldier was left behind with them.

"Please wait a moment while we report to the lieutenant." He said politely.

"Of course."

Ming De at the side was a little stunned to see the young miss act like that. She was a cold yet soft young lady of the Mu manor so he couldn't believe such drastic changes would occur to her after an assassination attempt.

Was it really just to strengthen herself?

"Ming De?" Jing Xuan called out.

"yes young mis-"

Jing Xuan quickly shot him a look, "young master, is anything the matter?" Mine De changed the way he addressed her and asked.

Ming De looked at Jing Xuan again, her beauty was not something that could easily be hidden. Although dressed as a man, she was still unable to hide her womanly charms, even the guards here can't help but to spare her a few more glances.

Ming De walked towards Jing Xuan and whispered, "Are you sure this will work? You clearly look like a young lady, you see the guards, even they couldn't help but spare a few more glances at you."

Jing Xuan chuckles at Ming De's worries, "Fear not, if they say I look like a female just say I'm a cut sleeve and likes to make myself look pretty. Heh heh I'll like to see who'd dare to come near me after that."

Cut sleeve: Homosexual

Ming De widen his eyes as he stared in shock at this young lady, and couldn't believe his ears. Is this really how a young lady should behave? He slightly shake his head before agreeing.

"Young master.." the guard called out

"Just call me Jun Xuan."

"Jun Xuan, the lieutenant invites you into the camp. Please follow me."

Jing Xuan and her small group of bodyguards followed after the soldier and headed into the camp.

"Jun Xuan greets lieutenant Gui." Jing xuan cupped her hand as she bend down and greeted. She got back up and walked towards the seat that the lieutenant had waved her to.

"Why had young mast-"

"Just call me Jun Xuan. I've came here as I wanted to train along with the soldiers and fight along with the soldiers not to be a Young Master. Uncle Mu had assigned me to stay at this camp for two years."

Two years. I just need to stay here for two years to avoid getting killed by the Crown Prince.

"HAHA! Be it then, you will train here as a soldier like everyone else. Although you may be a young master, however when you're here you will be just like everyone else. Do not expect any special treatments here." The lieutenant, Gui Cang said as he laughed.

"Thats good then. I hope to leave here tougher and stronger." Jing Xuan said as she downs her drink, stood up, cupped her fist and bowed to the lieutenant before leaving.

"Did she believe that I cannot see through her disguise?" He chuckle: as he looked at her fading back.

Gui Cang was about 22 and is 6 years older than Jing Xuan, he had met her once at her manor when he was 18. Although she looked much different from when she was 12 years old at that time, he could still see the essence of the 12 year old her in the grown 16 year old her. He was surprised, shocked to say the least, that the eldest miss of Mu manor would come to the army camp and train like a soldier. Isn't she only 16? He had then decided to keep a close eye on her as an elder.

She headed back to the tent that was assigned to her and started making herself comfortable. Ming De's group were assigned to the tents beside hers so that they could still protect her.

After thinking through her plan, Jing Xuan then rested for the night.

Getting up at dawn, she went out together with the other soldiers to start training. She tied her hair up into a pony tail and wore a red male hanfu with a black sash. She started jogging together with the soldiers, although it was a cold day, after jogging for a few minutes their body started warming up.

"Look, that is the Young master, Jun Xuan." One of the soldiers whispered.

"Doesn't he look too feminine?" The other soldier muttered.

"Lets see when will this little young master return back home."

Jing Xuan ignored all their comments and just silently trained with all of them. Other than just training, they also cultivated and trained their martial arts.

Within a month, Jing Xuan could feel the difference in her body. Her body had become tougher and it was much easier for her to move around.

"Jun Xuan you lucky ass! In a month you've managed to advance in your cultivation by two level!" Yu Heng, a friend that Jing Xuan had made at the army, said.

"Heheh if you're jealous work hard!" Jing Xuan chuckled as she patted Yu Heng on the shoulder.

They were chatting and having fun when all of a sudden, arrows started raining down on their tables, shocking everyone. Immediately they stood up and Ming De rushed towards Jing Xuan's side to protect her.

An arrow flew straight towards their direction and although it had avoided Jing Xuan but it struck right into Yu Heng's shoulder. Jing Xuan instantly paled as fury started coursing deep within her as she saw black blood oozing out from his wound, indicating that the arrow heads were laced with poison.

She grabbed the bow and arrow and left the dining area. She carried the bow on her back and jumped onto a tree, careful to hide her traces as she scouted her surrounding. She's not going to die and she won't die.

She noticed a slight movement and not far away from the camp, hiding in the bushes and trees,  are 4 man in black.

Assassins? Ex-convicts?

Whatever it is, you're going to die for hurting my Huang Jing Xuan's friend!