Treacherous 3

"À vaillant coeur rien d'impossible."
--

"You what?!" Chaeyoung exclaimed in disbelief as soon as Lisa told her best friend about her decision. She knew Chaeyoung was not expecting her to agree. She's not the type to let anyone use her like this.

Lisa didn't say anything and just continue packing her stuff. She had to move to her sister's husband's mansion by tomorrow. Technically, her brother-in-law.

Jeon Jungkook.

"Are you even listening?!" She snapped out of her thoughts upon hearing Chaeyoung's outrage.

She let out a sigh before looking at her best friend.

"Chae... this is my chance," Lisa said gloomily. Who knows when will she have another if she let this go. Probably never.

"Lisa it's wrong. You're gonna live another person's life!" Chaeyoung told her. "Don't do it."

"Chae it's only temporary. It's only until my sister is awake. They won't even notice that I'm not Mara if I pull this correctly. You have to trust me on this." Lisa countered. She knows that it's wrong. Heck, she knows her conscience will hunt her for doing this. But if her mother's forgiveness is the prize, she's now willing to do it. She's still a daughter yearning for her parent's love and affection. That will not change. Besides, it's for her sister too. Her mother mentioned that Mara has feelings for Jungkook when they were at the hospital yesterday.

"Mara loves her husband. When she found out that we had arranged her to marry the heir of the Jeons, she was over the moon. I've never seen her so happy."

That was her mother's exact words.

"I do trust you, Lis. It's the plan that I don't trust. It's your sister's husband that I don't trust. What if he pulls something bad on you? Who will protect you?" Chaeyoung asked and she can't help but smile at her best friend's paranoid state.

"Nothing will happen to me Chaeyoung. Stop worrying. I can protect myself." Lisa told her. But she herself was unsure about that. She doesn't know Jungkook or what he's capable of doing. She just hopes nothing bad will happen while she pretends to be her sister.

Her best friend sighed in defeat.

"Fine. But if anything wrong happens, I'm just a call away." Chaeyoung told her and she smiled in return.

"Thank you Chaeyoung. Now, why don't you help me pack?" Lisa suggested. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes playfully before she eventually complied.

~*~

The next morning came by quickly. Now Lisa stood in front of the mirror, looking at her reflection. The bags under her eyes are pretty visible as she didn't have enough sleep last night. She was nervous and it kept her up.

"Lisa?" Chaeyoung called and Lisa tore away her eyes from the mirror. "You ready to go?"

Lisa smiled before nodding.

"Are you really sure about this?" Chaeyoung asked her again with hesitancy.

"Chae it's final," Lisa stated. "I can do this. It won't be long."