Masquerade

Be prepared, this is about to be a long chapter.

•Mystic Falls, Present Day•

After Katherine's, I spent the rest of the day at the Salvatore's planning this big attack on Katherine. They had a big emphasis on putting a stake through Katherine's heart, thinking it was going to be that easy. Like Katherine would honesty let herself get put into that situation, however, I kept my mouth shut. The only time I was finally able to leave them was when I had to get ready for the dance. While getting ready, I sent Katherine a message letting her know that there will be a trap for her at the ball. There really wasn't anything else I could tell her because the Salvatore's and their gang didn't tell me much, thanks to Caroline

I went back to the hotel to change since I didn't want to change at the Salvatore's or at Mrs. Flowers'. While changing, I saw a calendar on the table below the TV and noticed that my birthday was coming up. I touched the paper calendar and sighed.

"I'll see you soon, Abby."

~

"My, my, I taught you well." I rolled my eyes at Katherine's comment. Technically that was her way of giving a compliment.

I just arrived at the Lockwood's and the first person I saw when I got out of the car was Katherine. I couldn't find Lucy around, so I'm guessing that she was already inside while Katherine waited for me.

I walked up next to her and held out my arm for her to grab. "Why did you wait on me?" I asked as we went up the stairs to the front door.

Katherine pulled me closer to her, "Well, I couldn't go in without my date, now could I?" Once again I rolled my eyes.

As soon as we entered the Lockwood's, Katherine quickly went straight to Matt and made sure everything was still in order for him, while Caroline quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me away. She pulled us away into a corner far from Katherine and most of the crowd.

"Your her date!" She whispered/yelled.

I yanked my arm away from her, "Yes, I am. Problem with that?" I snapped.

Caroline gave me a worried look, "I don't want her hurting you Julia. You don't deserve it any more."

I chuckled, "Thanks, Care-bear. But don't worry about me, after tonight I'm done with Katherine Pierce." I paused, "Caroline, I want you to know that I really do like you and you're not like Katherine's typical minions. And I'm sorry you got dragged into all of this."

Caroline smiled, "Well, you were a pretty good friend and protected me when it came to her. If it wasn't for you, I think I would be dead by now."

I smiled, "I'll see you later, Caroline." I walked away from her and it wasn't long before Katherine was attached to my hip.

"I'm guessing Care-bear didn't approve of you coming with me."

I sighed, "She's just looking out for me. She knows how I feel about you."

Katherine smirked, "Aw, for once, Juliana is able to get along with one of my little minions. I like it." She then grabbed my arm and pulled me toward the backyard. "Let's find the Salvatore's, I want my moonstone and I want to fix my hair. I do not know how Elena does straight hair every damn day."

"Personally, I hate the straight hair on you, it makes you look a little nicer." Katherine glared at me with that comment while I laughed.

While going down the stair to the backyard, Katherine easily found Stefan, who was clearly looking for her. "Am I needed?"

Katherine shook her head, "No, I want to speak to Stefan alone." I nodded and let her walk away.

I didn't stray too far away from them, because I wanted to keep an close eye on Katherine. Chills went down spine as I watched her. Everything she was doing to Stefan, she did it to me. Then when she bit into the strawberry, I couldn't watch anymore and I walked away from the situation. I walked to bench and sat down. I just wanted to get this night over and done with.