Chapter 9: The Book Part 3

A few days later, Kara and Lena had hit it off. Spending every minute possible together, on dates or at home, doing more than just sleeping.

It was a sunny morning and Kara had just gotten back home from visiting Lena at the office, when she walked inside the house she was met by Maggie.

"Oh hey Kara, how are you?" Maggie smiles at Kara.

Wow how does Alex function whenever Maggie smiles at her like that? Those dimples are gorgeous!

"Maggie! It's great to see you again" Kara grabs Maggie into a hug, She had become a big part of their family and Kara was so glad that Alex found someone as wonderful as her.

Once they pulled away from the hug Alex came down the stairs. "Kara, I didn't know you were home, Maggie and I were actually just heading out now"

"yeah, Lena has a few meetings today and I didn't want to bother her" before Alex could say anything Kara's phone rang.

"I'm sorry I have to take this" Alex nodded and Kara looked at the number ID.

"It's the publishing company" Kara was confused as to why they would be calling her again.

"Hello?"

"Kara Danvers? This is Mike Hunter, I'm the head of Cloud Journals" Kara stiffens up.

"I read your book, and I have to say it's brilliant. But I would like to ask, as it seems quite obvious, is the main character of the book in love with a certain Lena Luthor?"

"Alex, we have a problem" Kara says as she mutes herself.

"What is it?"

"uh, well, the head of Cloud Journals may or may not be Mike Hunter, AKA the student council executive, and he may have guessed who the book is about.." Kara says as she hears Mike through the phone.

"Yes sorry. Hi Mike, the book is about Lena yes, why?" Kara bites her lip.

"Did you ask for Lena's approval before writing about her?" He asks.

"No but I was-" Mike cuts her off.

"Listen, your book is great, and I'd love to publish it. But you need Lena's approval before we can publish something about her. She's a real life person, and we can't have everyone thinking we let these things slide, understood?"

"Yes understood"

Kara thinks about it for a moment.

"Actually, I'd like to cancel the book deal" Alex gives Kara a confused look and mouths "What the hell?"

"Are you sure Miss Danvers? You could just talk to Lena." Mike asks.

"Yes I'm sure, thank you for the offer, but I'll pass" Kara says as she hangs up the phone.

"Why did you do that?!" Alex raises her eyebrows.

"Well, he told me I needed Lena's approval before publishing something about her"

"And ? weren't you going to tell her anyway?" Alex folds her arms.

"I mean yeah, but I'd rather destroy my chances at being a published author than make Lena feel like she's being used, I mean, how do you think she'd feel? Maybe she'd think everything between us wasn't real and I was just using her for book material" Kara says as she fights back tears.

"Okay, I get it" Alex gives Kara a hug. "It'll be okay, I promise"

*********************

Later that week, as Kara was in her room getting ready to go see Lena, she gets an email from the publishing company.

Confused, Kara opens her laptop to check the email.

Miss Danvers,

I received a call this morning from Lena Luthor, demanding to know why we canceled the book deal, she was very angry with me and tried to get me to change my mind. so I explained to her that it was you who decided to not go forward with the deal. When asked why, I emailed her a copy of your draft so she could see for herself.

-Mike Hunter

Oh no, what have I gotten myself into? I can't go see Lena! She definitely has read the book now, she probably hates me! Oh rao what am I going to do..

Alex walks into Kara's room. "Everything alright?" She asks as she sees her sister, completely distraught.

"No Alex, nothings alright. I just got an email from Mike and he said that Lena found out about the deal, and demanded him to change his mind, and when he explained that I was the one who canceled it, he sent her a draft of my book!"

Alex sighed and sat next to Kara.

"I messed up, Alex. Bigtime."

"I know, but you can fix this. Face her and apologize, Kara. She deserves that at least"

Kara nods, knowing her sister was right. "I will, and for real this time"

**********************
Hehehe... Things are getting somewhere finally haha. Hope you guys enjoy!

-Shay