Chapter Thirteen

"Aaisha, if you ever need anything, please call me. You know I'll be over as soon as I can," I smiled at her as she put her backpack in Richard's car.

"She'll be fine. I can take care of her myself," Richard interrupted from behind us. He slammed the truck of the car closed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Don't be mean to Mae!" Aaisha narrowed her eyes at Richard and put her hands on her hips.

He pursed his lips together. "She deserves it," Richard snarled.

"Get in the damn car before I slap you," Aaisha warned. Her nostrils flared as her eyes flickered gold for a moment.

A low growl escaped Richard's lips and he grumbled to himself as he walked to the driver's seat and slammed his door shut.

"Sorry about him," she apologized.

I smiled softly at her. "You don't have to apologize for him."

She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug. As we embraced, a horn blasted throughout the silent woods. Small squirrels scurried away at the sudden noise. Aaisha dropped her arms from around me and smiled at me before jogging to the car. "I swear this guy is getting on my gosh damn nerves," she muttered. After she slammed the car door closed, the car accelerated for a moment and then came to a complete halt. A faint smack followed by an "ow" came from the car and then they finally pulled away.

Aaisha decided it would be best to be with her pack right now. Although the meeting with all of the Alphas was tomorrow, she couldn't stay at Damon's pack much longer. It was a constant reminder of the death of her baby.

My heart burned as I thought that that's what I would turn into too: a reminder of her baby's death. Even though she says she doesn't blame me now for the death of her baby, I fear that one day she will. One day she'll see my selfishness and I'll become that constant reminder that she doesn't have a baby anymore which broke my heart.

I hope that she could find comfort in her pack and that one day she'll become pregnant once more and have a beautiful baby. I'd love to see a bunch of Aaishas running around. I could just picture a pack house full of pups swinging around with baseball bats and screaming through megaphones.

I shook my head at the thought and smiled. After watching Richard's car disappear through the foggy woods, I trudged down the dirt path back towards my cabin. The sky darkened as I walked. Security was still heightened around the borders and through the dirt paths because of the number of alphas on Damon's property. As I walked, I felt all of the guards' eyes glued to me. I shifted uncomfortably.

I ignored their stares and continued down the path. From a distance, I saw Alexandra's tall frame walking towards me with a suitcase and trash bag in her hands. As she approached, she growled in my direction. The guards straightened their backs and were about to move closer to me when I held my hand up, telling them to stand down.

"I hate you!" Alexandra screamed at me.

I eyed the suitcase and raised an eyebrow at her. "What's going on here?"

"You're a fucking bitch! Because of you, Damon kicked me out of the pack house." Her nostrils flared as her eyes filled with rage. "I'm going to fucking kill you!"

A smirk tugged at my lips, but I suppressed it. "Sorry to hear that..." I nearly laughed.

She stomped closer to me, dropping her bags on the dirt. Her jaw was clenched as she got up into my face. "I can't wait for the day you fall. When you fail as a Moon Goddess, do you really think he'll love you anymore? Do you think Damon will still love you? Do you think Luca will still love you?"