T W E N T Y - O N E | Jail

{Gif of Twins}

Song: Start Again

Artist (s): One Republic ft Logic

Man imposes his own limitations, don't set any.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Walking into school with Neel by my side, it was different. By different I mean, Neels hand was wrapped around my waist and everyone was staring. Again. But do you know what the most surprising thing was? I didn't care. Okay, maybe I did. Just a little. But, what I mean is that I didn't care as much as I should have. Why? Because I've learnt that whatever happens or doesn't happen even, everyone will always have an opinion whether it's valid or not. At the start of the year, I had found myself in the middle of nowhere. And in that middle of nowhere I found myself. 

I headed straight towards my locker where Nathan was waiting for us. I sent him a small wave whilst Neel sent him a nod. Ever since Nathan had picked us up from the Motel the morning after the accident, Neel and him had been on good terms. My whiplash was slowly wearing off and my ankle felt better too.

"How you doing?" Nathan sung pushing himself off the lockers coming to stand by Neel.

"Not bad, how about you?" I replied taking out the books I needed from my locker. Another thing I had realised is that I began to grow. Grow as a person. I developed a self-confidence I never knew I had all because of three boys who I call my own. Too many days are wasted comparing ourselves to others and wishing to be something we aren't. Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses, and it is only when you accept everything you are - and aren't - that you will truly succeed. I am confident now because I can admit to who I am, what I've done, and love myself for who I've become.

"Great" Nathan responded before we all said our goodbyes and headed in the different directions to our classrooms. The first class I had was with familiar faces. Faces I didn't want to be near. When I entered the classroom Tobias and Michelle were already sitting in their seats, staring at the door as if waiting for me to arrive. They were never here too early. Ignoring them I headed straight to my seat in the back. 

"Hey, little sis" A voice cooed over me and I didn't need to look up to see who it was. Life was such a bitch. 

I glared at him. He laughed in my face.

"Look how much you've grown" Tobias wiped a fake tear off his face staring down at me.

"What do you want" I gritted out not wanting to make conversation. Tobias didn't reply and instead dragged a chair out to sit directly in front of me leaning down on my desk. 

"I heard you've got a boyfriend now. Didn't know you had it in you" he laughed once again. I ignored him. No matter how much I tried,  I couldn't help but still fear him. Michelle strutted towards us waving her hand in my face.

"As if anyone would want to date that" she laughed along with Tobias.

"Dad was asking about you yesterday" Tobias stopped laughing and my breath hitched. I hadn't seen or heard from To - my step-dad - ever since I left. I hated him. I hated Tobias. I hated them all. They made my life hell. But do you know what the worst part of everything was? The fact that when my mom first met Tom he was a completely different person. He showed me a future where everything was perfect. Where I had a family. Where I was happy. But then he tore that future apart in the blink of an eye.