Chapter 9

Cole's POV

I can't believe I have a daughter. I only ever slept with one person and that was Ari and I was drunk. I barely remember it and now I have a daughter. And she's so strong. She had to get that from somewhere. I didn't really talk to her mother when we were younger, but if she was anything like she is now than she was a pill. Why did I even reject her?

There's so much I want to know about her- about both of them. I'm so glad Cassie convinced Ari to give me a chance to talk to her. I suspect Cassie would have if she wanted to, but the fact that she respected her mother enough to ask is already better than anything I've ever done.

And the fact that she delivered the news personally and gave me details says so much about her character.  She's so much more mature than she should be. It doesn't help that my dad butt dialed me while Ari was adamantly talking about all the things she's done. It's obvious that the two of them care for each other like a mother and daughter should. I'm proud of her but at the same time I'm sad I missed it all.

I'm not sure how I feel about not being told about her. Is what Cassie says is true than I guess I understand. I didn't sense any deception in her but she could be trained to not show any or it could just be what she genuinely believes. I guess I understand why she wouldn't want to meet me but she could have at least let me know.

No, she couldn't have. You would have demanded to see her and had would have defeated the whole purpose of her choice. My wolf tells me.

Ok so that makes sense, but would I be in the wrong to want to know about my kid?

When you acted how you did? Yes.

So maybe I shouldn't have rejected her mother, but I don't even remember doing it!

Of course you don't, it was 18 years ago. And you were hungover.

Ok, doesn't being around her hurt you? And why are you sassing me?

Of course it does. You stupidly destroyed the bond and I'm sure it hurts her too. Cassie's probably the only reason she's still alive.

Why would Cassie be the only reason she's still alive?

Because she still has a part of us with her. She didn't lose all of us. Cassie is a part of us. That's probably why Luna wouldn't let her tell you. You would come storming about, hurting her, and if she refused to see you, you would demand your daughter and take the only thing keeping her alive.

I would not have done that!

You were a dick in your youth. You would have.

Ok, so maybe I would have, but-

No buts. You had no right to her after what you did to our mate. You may have rights to her in the human world but those rules don't apply to us. That's why we have Wolf Laws.

Did you just cut off our link?! How dare you, you- you- butt face!

"Alpha? Are you ok? You've been zoned out since that girl left." My beta says, snapping in my face.

"Yeah. Just a little stressed. I have a meeting tomorrow at the North Carolina pack. I'll probably take my father with me if I can get him away from my mother for long enough, but if I can you'll stay in her room and keep an eye on her." I say, getting into business mode. My father already knows about my daughter, so he would be okay to bring. "And then the following day the girl that was here will be back for a follow up on the meeting."

"Sounds good Boss. I'll bring her straight up then." He says with a nod of his head.

"Thanks man. Can you send my dad over?"

"Yeah man. I'll send him right over. Anything else?"

"What's for dinner?" I ask feeling hungry.

"Tacos."

"Yessssssss!" I say, suddenly excited. He rolls his eyes at my behavior and goes to watch for my dad.

It doesn't take long for my dad to get here and he grumbles about how he's been away from my mother for too long as he plops down on the plush couch in my office.

"Father. Please stop complaining, I'll have you back to her very soon."

"What is it son?"  He asks, laying down and getting comfortable. I  can't help but roll my eyes before I respond.

"Ari and Cassie have set up a meeting for me to get to know them tomorrow. I wanted to know if you would go with me so that it looks like an actual meeting about pack business. It'll also give you a chance to get to know your granddaughter."

"I just got back from Ari's fathers house. She talks a lot about Cassie, so I know more than you do. Of that I have no doubt." He says rolling his eyes.

"Do you want to go or not, old man?" I say, clearly irritated.

"Do you realize that you messed up by screwing with Ari?" He asks with a raised brow.

"Yes. I regret it and not just because I didn't get to see Cassie grow up. Now answer my question."

"Yes, I'll go. But you have to have someone watch your mother. I want to know if she wakes up. Now where and when is this meeting?"

"Tomorrow, at the NC pack. We'll meet them at the border meeting spot and they'll take us to this little cafe they have for meetings." I tell him while popping my neck, the stress having returned.

"Well then," He says standing up and stretching ",I'm going to go see your mother and talk to her for a little bit. I'll see you bright and early."

He nods to me and walks out and I lay back and close my eyes, taking it all in. I have no idea how this is gonna go and I'm nervous as all crap, but I'm also excited to get to know my daughter. I owe her for getting me this meeting with her mother. I have no idea how I'm going to repay her.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so I know that this chapter is late and short and I apologize. I had a long week and
Didn't get much writing done in the week. The next couple of weeks are going to be stupid busy,
So I'm fore-warning you that I may have a few late chapters.

Anywho, Thank you for reading, let me know if you see any errors, and as always...

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!