chapter nineteen-"A challenge" edited

Hey guys hope you enjoy, vote, SHARE and COMMENT

Dedicated to gabshaik

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lionesse's pov

"There is someone who wants to speak to you. Says that he's an old friend and that you'll love to see him again" Mark said as he entered the room.

She frowned because all those who are friends have her number.

"Lionesse speaking" 

"Hello sweetheart" 

The fuck? How dare the bastard even think about calling her!

"What do you you want? I think we made a deal" she growled.

"Deal? What deal? I want the pack back and the kids"

"That's out of question, Dominic" she growled again, hands turning into fists in anger.

"That's not very wise, sweetheart. You more than anyone else know that it will be crazy to refuse my generous offer and to show you how generous i am i will spare you and the pack if you would just kneel before me and surrender what is mine"

"Surrender? Kneel? And what is that" she asked.

"Enough games, bitch. The kids are mine, the pack is mine and there is nothing you can do about it. Your knee is never going to heal, your eyes are still injured and you are weakening by the day. I will have them back with any means possible, have no doubt about that. I repeat for your own sake, Give. Them. Back" He all but shouted impatiently.

"My answer remains the same. Both your demands are out of question. If it's a fight you desire, then a fight you will get" she stated, sitting on a chair and plopping her legs on the table.

"Either surrender them peacefully to their rightful alpha or-"

 "OR cause it's obviously the 'or' option that i will be going for. There is no way in hell that i'll ever hand them over peacefully" Lio's voice started to rise and harden.  

"I demand a challenge to the death and when I win I take all and it will not be pleasant. Tomorrow you die"

Dante grabbed the phone and growled "You would challenge a woman you fucking bastard? A disgrace to our kind. Know then that Lionesse is our luna and we will not stand for such a threat"

"I am not challenging just any woman, boy. I am challenging Lionesse, Alpha of the most powerful civilian pack, alpha of Blood-lust itself. Pray tell however, boy, is it not your pack that's been leading vampires to Blood-Lust? Is it not Your pack that's been meaning to put Blood-Lust down for years? Now you tell me that you suddenly care?" Dominic mocked.

Lionesse grabbed the phone from Dante and ended the call by saying,

"Tomorrow you'll have your fight. Till then get lost"

There was silence for a while till Tommy said,

"You're the alpha of Blood-Lust! But...How?"

"I defeated Dominic four years ago, making me the alpha. Didn't really want the position but everyone insisted" she replied shrugging.

"You never told us? Why?" Tommy asked in shock.

"You never asked" she replied, shutting him up.

"Jace is your mate, by law a mate could take the place of the other if need be-"

"NO.I absolutely refuse. This is my challenge" she stated.

"But-" Tommy started.

"Enough. I will not speak of the matter anymore"

"Lionesse please-"

"THOMAS" she growled, getting up and headed to her room.

There she grabbed her daggers and inspected them, running her fingers over the black iron, lips turning up in a smile.

She was thirsting for a fight, for some action. 

Bored has become a word she was accustomed to in this pack and neither her nor her wolf were pleased.

She spun the daggers around in her fingers a few more times then slashed a few more times the air, barely hiding her excitement.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jace's pov

Jace was in his office, over a map of the surrounding land, looking over the locations the vampires lurked at the most trying to locate the fortress, when Dante entered the office not even bothering to knock on the door.

"Dante i'm busy-"

"Lionesse was challenged. To the death... Dominic fucking challenged her"

Jace stared in shock,

"Speak" he said and Dante told him exactly what happened.

"I don't understand Alpha, I thought Blood-Lust was a pack of ruthless rogues. That's what Ferol told us. He said they are dangerous and must be eliminated.That makes no sense. Lionesse surely doesn't seem like a ruthless beast at all, neither does Sara or Kiera. I think there is a game being played here and we are in the dark. Ferol obviously lied, the question is why?" 

"That can wait, Dante. First of all, I need to see Lionesse. Take her place in the challenge tomorrow-"

"We do...have a problem, Alpha. Lionesse refused your help. She said this was her challenge"

He growled and stormed to her room, slamming the door open, 

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Smoking and drinking coffee?" she answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"You know what i mean. Why did you refuse to let me challenge him instead of you?" he shouted angrily.

"And why would i do that?" She wondered, cocking an eyebrow.

"I am your mate and there is no way you will be able to defeat him" he replied angrily, feeling himself starting to lose patience with her.

"MATE. Do you even know the meaning of that word?"

"What the-" Jace began only to be interrupted again.

"What am i talking about? Look, I made up my mind and I have no intention to change it. There is no reason to change it actually. As for the question, you should go think about it somewhere else. You obviously want nothing to do with me. It's fine, I don't really care. Leave, I have some business to tend to" She said, pointing at the door.

He stared at her for a moment longer, turning to leave.

He paused, hand on the door and back turned as he said,

"I never meant for you to be...miserable here. I can't...I can't love you, but I can't let you go either. I thought that... Just think about it, the fight I mean"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------